Job Title: Web Specialist
Location: Information Technology Center-CAB
Terms of Employment:
12 Months per Year, Full Time
Salary: CT-IV, $21.55
Nature and Scope of Job :
The Web Specialist will develop and maintain District web pages, web sites along with creating, coordinating and publishing all District videos. This postion will be responsible for filming and photographing footage for videos and web sites, editing the footage, and producing a quality end product for staff and public consumption. The Web specialist will be responsible to collaborate with District staff to develop effective communication ideas for web and video content.
1. Maintain, develop and support new and existing web pages and web sites including both Internet and Intranet based pages.
2. Knowledge and ability to work with HTML, Dreamweaver, PhP, FileMaker Pro, and Java.
3. Film, create and produce District videos.
4. Work with and manipulate raw camera footage, dialogue, sound effects or optical effects.
5. Determine filming locations and camera angles.
6. Knowledge and ability to work with iMovie, Final Cut Pro X, Motion, Aperture, GarageBand, Logic Pro X, MainStage 3, Compressor 4 and Adobe Creative Suite 6.
7. Work with Google Analytics, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
8. Troubleshoot and recommend corrective action(s) for web and video services.
9. Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
10. Archive web sites and video footage.
1. General knowledge of current office practices including filing, operating office and basic office management.
2. Travel to local and outlying schools.
3. Other duties as assigned.
EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THIS JOB
Knowledge, Skills and Mental Ability:
· Knowledge of HTML, Dreamweaver, PhP, FileMaker Pro and Java.
· Knowledge of iMovie, Final Cut Pro X, Motion, Aperture, GarageBand, Logic Pro X, MainStage 3 and Compressor 4.
· Knowledge of Mac OS X.
· Knowledge of video and photography equipment.
· Knowledge of office productivity tools.
· Ability to develop plans for web and video projects.
· Ability to speak clearly and communicate positively.
· Ability to write clearly and concisely.
· Ability to think critically and creatively.
· Ability to work with people of various personality types.
· Possess sound emotional judgment.
Minimum Requirements (Education, License, Certification, Experience or Formal Training):
1. High school diploma.
2. Computer classes at the high school or college level.
3. Web and video production classes at the high school or college level.
Computers Copiers Voice Mail Systems
Digital Projectors Displays Fax Machine
Camera Video Cabling
Video Cameras Web Servers
Sound Mixers Video Servers
1. Lower body strength to stand and walk throughout the work day.
2. Upper body strength to lift 75 pounds and carry more than 50 feet throughout the day.
3. Have visual acuity and stamina to work at a computer monitor throughout the work day.
1. Air-conditioned building.
2. Occasional exposure to weather extremes.
- 19 months ago - save job