AWS Web UI Software Developer
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Database Services is looking for a rock-star frontend developer to build world-class user interfaces for our customers. If you’re a web developer, application engineer, and you have the skills to create highly interactive and well-designed web interfaces, then AWS is looking for you.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services, gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud, has over 400,000 third party developers writing applications for the platform and is currently used by leading companies like New York Times, Netflix and NASA/JPL. See details at http://aws.amazon.com .
We are looking for an experienced developer with a proven track record of building high quality scalable web applications. This is a hands on position where you will be asked to do everything from building rock-solid components to mentoring other engineers. You should be a leader, excelling in communication, ownership and customer focus. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
Our engineers own their work from beginning to end, from gathering of requirements, design and implementation, to launch and support. This position requires interaction between several stakeholders including product managers and engineers. You will review the UI and API designs of your peers, as well as fix bugs and troubleshoot operational issues as they occur.
- 3-5 years of software development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in computer science or a similar degree.
- Experience translating design mockups and prototypes into working application designs.
- Experience with asynchronous web frameworks like GWT.
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Perl, PHP, Ruby, or Unix shell scripting.
- Have developed or supported an operationally critical web service.
- Motivated to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
- Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability.
- Demonstrated passion about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
Amazon.com - 15 months ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...