Fairfield Technologies Inc. (FTI), a CMMI Level 3 company, delivers leading-edge information technology (IT), process improvement, and advanced program management solutions for our Federal defense, civilian, and commercial customers. We pride ourselves on finding innovative yet realistic ways to meet the requirements our clients bring to us, and to deliver far beyond expectations. We are currently seeking a Web-Based Development Software Engineer to join our team in Riverdale, MD.
- The EOSDIS is a core capability in the customer’s Earth Science Data Systems Program.
- EOSDIS provides end-to-end capabilities for managing the customer’s Earth science data from various sources – satellites, aircraft, field measurements, and various other programs.
- For the EOS satellite missions, EOSDIS provides capabilities for command and control, scheduling, data capture and initial processing.
- The development and maintenance of the EOSDIS website is led by the customer’s EOSDIS Evolution & Development (EED) project.
Functional / Industry Knowledge:
- The customer’s EED Program is looking for a Software Engineer to work in a fast-paced agile development environment performing software programming and development, testing, and support for several large web-based applications.
- As a member of the team you will participate in the re-design and development of a web-based system, including requirement gathering and estimation.
- Develop tests for use in automated test frameworks, including unit and functional tests.
- Comply with various project standards and requirements of the company as well as the customer and legal requirements of (SEC-508).
- Ensure industry best practices and assets are leveraged when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in web design and development
- Minimum of 2 years of working with full life cycle Software design and development experience on large/complex n-tier client/server applications.
- Familiarity with the git source code management system.
- Full understanding of HTML5/CSS (ability to hand-code semantic markup and style it)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Familiarity with the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA for bug tracking, Confluence for collaboration, and preferably Bamboo for continuous integration and delivery).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good experience in preparing IT technical documents.
- Energetic, self-motivated, team player
- Period of Performance: now through March 31, 2015
- Permission to work in the United States is required; U.S. citizenship is preferred
- All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening
- US Citizenship required
- Career Growth – Outstanding Career Opportunities with Competitive Compensation. Customized Training and Development Program. Educational Assistance.
- Health Insurance and Income Protection – Company-Subsidized Comprehensive Health and Dental Insurance for Employees and Families. Company-Paid Vision, Life, Accident, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance. Company-Funded Health Savings Accounts
- Investment and Savings – 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off – Company-Paid Holidays, Sick and Vacation Time
Fairfield Technologies Inc. (FTI), a proud member of the Raytheon AWIPS Team, delivers leading-edge information technology (IT) and...