Essential Job Functions
CSC is looking to hire a WebSphere System Administrator. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge on how to create JVMs, deploy applications, and make configuration changes such as SSL certificates, JDBC data sources.
- Performs moderately complex systems and database administration. Monitors and tunes appropriate systems to ensure optimum level of performance.
- Oversees appropriate level software installations and upgrades and related software packages.
- Collects and reviews system data for capacity and planning purposes. Analyzes capacity data and develops capacity plans for appropriate level enterprise-wide systems. Coordinates with appropriate management personnel in implementing changes.
- Supports the design and configuration of complex system landscapes.
- Supports complex data/media recoverability through system backups and database archive operations. Plans, coordinates and directs appropriate level data refresh strategies.
- Oversees, recommends and implements appropriate level database solutions and enhancements to ensure an improvement in system reliability and performance.
- Oversees and applies appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Develops and maintains appropriate system documentation to ensure that documentation is current. Oversees the maintenance of a library of system-supporting process and procedure documentation.
- Interacts with client management to answer questions, problems and requests regarding complex system issues.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Six or more years of experience in a client-server environment
- Experience working with appropriate complex systems administration, database administration, and landscape maintenance
- Experience working with company products and services
- Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures
- Experience working with complex system implementations and organizational processes
- Can be the level of a "power user" with knowledge of shell scripting, how to run privileged commands, and use of troubleshooting methods & tools.
- General knowledge of web services and SOA related technologies is a preferred skill.
- Experience working in the Unix or Linux environment.
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Apple has an "i" for revolutionary technology. Since its release, the company's iPhone has spurred a revolution in cell...