The Manager, Web Content is part of the Massachusetts General Hospital Marketing staff and will create, develop and govern content that meets project goals and website content strategy on massgeneral.org and other Mass General online properties, including center microsites, campaign websites, mobile websites, social media channels, e-newsletters, landing pages and future online products in development. The Manager, Web Content will also project manage key website projects and will forecast production efforts, project schedules and internal resources to fulfill project deliverables on time and on budget.
The position reports to the Website Managing Editor and works closely with other members of the Marketing staff to ensure that the hospital’s online properties successfully communicate marketing priorities and accurately represent the hospital brand. The incumbent also works with the medical, research, educational and administrative hospital entities to develop, maintain and enhance client website design, architecture, functionality and content that drives patient and health care professional interest while building stronger prospective patient, existing patient and referring physician relationships.
This role requires previous experience helping clients achieve marketing communication goals.
- Creates, delivers and manages strategic, actionable, on-brand content that has a consistent look and feel across multiple channels, including Mass General’s website, multidisciplinary care centers and related online properties.
- Demonstrates excellent web writing, editing and oral communications skills.
- Uses content management system to create visually compelling web pages that meet audience information needs. This involves incorporating template structure, page design, messaging and information hierarchy, and strategic calls to help users complete a task or guide them to next steps.
- Works with the Marketing Planning team to help scope new projects and develop potential solutions that can be successfully executed while working within the hospital’s content strategy and web design system.
- Ensures that projects support marketing plans and strategies, follow guidelines regarding the hospital’s brand style guidelines, maintain consistency with communication standards and are completed on time and on budget.
- Assists the Website Managing Editor with determining content requirements and possible content sources on a project basis.
- Manages rolling content audits and center microsites, identifying gaps and areas for development and plans for archiving or deleting outdated content.
- Forecasts production efforts, schedules and allocates internal resources to projects.
- Creates and executes editorial calendars for center microsites.
- Conducts competitive and keyword research to inform content projects.
- Coordinates analytics dashboards/reports.
- Creates and updates social media content.
- Plays a role in QA of quarterly departmental website releases.
- Is comfortable and experienced presenting ideas, marketing concepts and project work to senior level leadership.
- Possesses high levels of tact, diplomacy and fine-tuned consultative skills.
- Demonstrates ability to interact with all levels throughout large, diverse organization of health care professionals.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in communications or equivalent experience required.
Minimum 5 years experience writing for the web and editing web content – preferably with a health care, scientific or medical focus.
- Minimum 2–3 years experience managing website content.
- Previous experience helping clients achieve marketing communication goals.
Experience producing strategic content that incorporates market analyses, website content strategy, and business/project goals.
- Demonstrated success optimizing content for search engines.
- Experience interviewing senior subject matter experts to create actionable content for priority audiences.
- Ability to interact with professionals at all levels throughout a large, diverse health care organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- HTML and basic Photoshop skills preferable.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel; with exposure and familiarity with Adobe web and graphic design development products.
Massachusetts General Hospital
- 3 years ago - save job