Prepare and deliver accurate news reports for the weekend newscasts and well as report and research compelling news stories throughout the week
Gather, write and present news reports, as assigned.
Report live on location from various news events.
Research and develop news stories.
Perform various community service activities for station, including performing as master of ceremonies for public service events and as host/hostess for station events.
Periodically required to drive personal or company vehicle to cover various assignments.
Perform other duties as needed and as directed by News Management.
Education & Experience/Certifications
Skills & Abilities
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- At least 6 years on camera experience.
Must have a valid drivers license with no more than 4 points and provide proof of insurance.
- Must connect on camera with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to cultivate sources and mine stories.
- Knowledge of newsroom computers (Newstar) and computer databases strongly preferred.
- Must demonstrate strong news judgment and organizational skills.
- Must have keen sense of logistics and ability to work well under intense pressure and deadlines.
- Must have good creative and editorial judgment. Mastery of journalistic ethics and libel law.
- Must be able to speak clearly and concisely.