With limited supervision, theÂ Maintenance TechnicianÂ performs intermediate scheduled, unscheduled and emergency tasks on all electromechanical equipment in designated areas in order to minimize down time and to meet all quality and productivity standards. The Tech also completes tasks in a timely fashion in accordance with published schedules. Primary functions focus on maintenance of production equipment and/or facilities and support.
- Demonstrates the proper operation of all designated equipment
- Diagnose, reports, and repairs sub-standard equipment by troubleshooting to the component or board level
- Prepares for use, performs operational checks, inspects and completes routine repairs and major overhauls with little or no immediate supervision
- Requests, withdraws from inventory, and replaces defective or worn parts and makes all necessary adjustments for proper operation of equipment
- Demonstrates the ability to prevent equipment down time through observation, communications with production staff and proactive problem solving
- Assists with some on-the-job training on designated equipment, and explains how a task is performed or accomplished
- Properly communicates and documents all work performed in MP2, in compliance with work order process guidelines
- Complies with all applicable Best Practices, Maintenance Policies, and building codes
- Expends the majority of effort and time on the designated equipment, but completes other duties as assigned.
Masco's ideal customer is a home improvement junkie with a thing for cabinets -- and a hand-washing fetish. The company is a leading...