Holland, Inc. a recognized leader in the LTL industry is in search of an experienced Weight and Inspection Coordinator for our Atlanta, GA terminal. The Weight and Inspection Coordinator typically inspects suspicious shipments for erroneous commodity descriptions. As the service center's resident detective, the W&I Coordinator gathers, records, and reports evidence to prove the true nature of questionable shipments. Also, the W&I Coordinator makes customer calls jointly with Company sales staff to determine the proper classification of customer products.
1. Working knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to the motor freight industry.
2. Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications.
3. Demonstrated ability to work independently and handle customer relations professionally.
4. Must be willing to work nights and weekend shifts.
1. Bachelor's degree in transportation or related area, or equivalent education and work experience preferred.
2. Two - three years experience in Revenue Research, operations or sales preferred.
3. One - two year's supervisory experience preferred.
(L) LIGHT WORK: Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling 20 Lbs. maximum; frequent lift and/or carry up to 5 Lbs. Can include walking and/or standing frequently even though weight is negligible. Can include pushing and/or pulling of arm and/or leg controls.
(4) REACHING, HANDLING, FINGERING, AND/OR FEELING: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; seizing, holding, grasping, turning objects using hands; picking, pinching, or otherwise working with fingers; perceiving size, shape, temperature, or texture of objects through contact with skin, primarily fingers.
(5) TALKING AND/OR HEARING: Talking and/or hearing (expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken work; perceiving nature of sounds by ear. These skill-ability variables are important in work activities in which workers must impart or receive detailed information through oral communication. Jobs which require accurate, loud, or rapid giving of instructions to other workers, or to make fine discrimination of sound are included.
(6) SEEING: The ability to perceive the nature of objects by use of the eyes; consider acuity far, acuity near, depth perception, field of vision, accommodation, etc. Not meant to distinguish jobs on the basis of blindness.
Requires occasional work in adverse weather conditions including, cold, excessive heat, rain, and snow. Not necessarily protected from temperature changes.
DISCLAIMER : The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Holland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Holland - 16 months ago
Founded in 1929 in Holland, Mich., Holland has long been recognized for delivering the most next-day service lanes in its territory and...