Intermediate level position responsible for completing routine welding assignments and fitting components of Exterran equipment; works under moderate supervision within established procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Required Skills or Tools:
- Ability to pass applicable test(s) and applicable Non-Destructive Exam.
- Uses metal core, MIG, TIG, Flux Core or stick welding processes (must pass two or more)
- Proficient in flame and plasma cutting torches
- Layout and mark weld points on parts or sub-assemblies using rule, square, scribe or templates
- Weld brackets and braces and use grinders.
- Position pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Must have some experience reading and understanding blueprints and performs own fit-up
- Fabricate and assemble screwed piping, tubing, and associated brackets
- Fabricate and assemble guards, platforms, and other structures required
- Safely operates iron worker, overhead cranes, rigging, pipe threading machine, welding machine, tube bending machine, and various pneumatic hand tools.
- Assembly of components with some fabrication equipment
- Promotes and supports safety, production, and positive attitude
- Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes
- Must pass 3G test for structural and 6G test for pipe or vessels
- Certified for ASME pressure vessels, ANSI B31.3 piping, and plate
- Must be able to tack and use a grinder
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) to three (3) years experience
- Certification to weld pipe or pressure vessels
- Knowledge of different types and sizes of pipe, structural and vessel materials
- Standard requirements. Bending, squatting, climbing, stooping, twisting and reaching will all be required.
- Lift 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds
Our core values & safety, service, respect, global perspective and integrity & define our culture. And our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in our industry. Perhaps you should be the next among us. Exterran is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Exterran provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Exterran - 18 months ago
Exterran Holdings, Inc. is engaged in the full-service natural gas compression business. It provides operations, maintenance, service and...