Perform, inspect and repair pipe & structural welds using multiple welding processes required for the construction of company manufactured equipment. Level 1 is an entry level position with approximately six to twelve months training/work experience in order to progress to next level.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Perform welding operations on pipe, skids, structural components and other equipment.
- Layout, cut, fit and otherwise prepares material for welding.
- Fabricate material from piping schematics and other drawings.
- Work from blue prints, sketches and verbal instructions.
- Responsible for the general maintenance and upkeep of all facilities and equipment as needed.
- Identify report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company policy, procedures and regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Demonstrate performance towards operational excellence.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- ability to work as a team player.
Position Requirements:Minimum requirements:Education:
Experience / Specific knowledge:
- High school diploma or GED.
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
- Working knowledge and experience as a welder using multiple processes.
- Knowledge of basic properties of metal.
Competencies, skills and abilities:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Achieve and maintain all qualifications and progression requirements applicable to the job classification.
- May be required to achieve and maintain certifications as required to perform job duties (regulatory welding certifications).
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and decimals.
- Job planning and organization.
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, sketches and other diagrams.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer focus.
- Must be able to work as and with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), adhere to required work schedules, adjust easily to changes in midstream, focus attention on details and follow work rules.
- Mentor fellow employees/teammates when the opportunity presents itself.
- Ability to write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to withstand variable weather conditions.
- Must be able to climb to and work from elevated platforms, ladders and walkways.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward positions and 50 pounds from the floor to waist.
- Must be able to work in a shop or outside environment.
- Must be available and willing to work different shifts if applicable.
Kinder Morgan - 24 months ago
This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the limited...