Perform, inspect and repair pipe & structural welds using multiple welding processes required for the construction of company manufactured equipment. Level 1 is an entry level position with approximately six to twelve months training/work experience in order to progress to next level.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Perform welding operations on pipe, skids, structural components and other equipment.
- Layout, cut, fit and otherwise prepares material for welding.
- Fabricate material from piping schematics and other drawings.
- Work from blue prints, sketches and verbal instructions.
- Responsible for the general maintenance and upkeep of all facilities and equipment as needed.
- Identify report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company policy, procedures and regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Demonstrate performance towards operational excellence.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- ability to work as a team player.
Position Requirements:Minimum requirements:Education:
Experience / Specific knowledge:
- High school diploma or GED.
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
- Working knowledge and experience as a welder using multiple processes.
- Knowledge of basic properties of metal.
Competencies, skills and abilities:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Achieve and maintain all qualifications and progression requirements applicable to the job classification.
- May be required to achieve and maintain certifications as required to perform job duties (regulatory welding certifications).
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and decimals.
- Job planning and organization.
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, sketches and other diagrams.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer focus.
- Must be able to work as and with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), adhere to required work schedules, adjust easily to changes in midstream, focus attention on details and follow work rules.
- Mentor fellow employees/teammates when the opportunity presents itself.
- Ability to write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to withstand variable weather conditions.
- Must be able to climb to and work from elevated platforms, ladders and walkways.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward positions and 50 pounds from the floor to waist.
- Must be able to work in a shop or outside environment.
- Must be available and willing to work different shifts if applicable.
Kinder Morgan is the largest midstream and energy infrastructure company in North America. We own an interest in or operate approximately...