Responsible for repairing broken equipment, fabricating parts and modifying equipment.
Essential Job Functions
Perform welding on vehicles and equipment.
Design and fabricate vehicle and equipment parts.
May perform mechanical work as directed.
Inspect for and identify structural deficiencies in equipment.
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced training in welding and fabrication
- 2-4 years experience in welding aluminum and fabrication
- Certification preferred
- Advanced skill in MIG, TIG and stick welding
- Skill in air arc gouging
- Skill in utilizing a cutting torch
- Skill in utilizing a plasma cutter
- Skill in aluminum and various metal welding
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
Licenses & Certifications
Valid Class A CDL Texas Driver’s License or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
Welding Program Certification preferred
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent works in a fleet shop environment; occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Occasional outside work.
Minimum Education & Work Experience
6 months to 1 year advanced training past the high school level
2 years related experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
City of Garland - 10 months ago