4261 Business Drive
Cameron Park, CA 95682
Snowline Engineering (www.snowlineengineering.com) is a state of the art manufacturing facility located in the Sierra Foothills of Northern California specializing in a total manufacturing solution. Our company’s objective is to provide our customers with diversity in precision machining, precision sheet metal, light to medium fabrication, and turnkey assemblies.
JOB TITLE: Welder Level 3/ Precision Manufacturing
Under the supervision of the Welding Supervisor, the primary accountabilities and responsibilities of the Welder Level 3 will consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Read and understand blue prints, drawings, sketches, specifications, manuals or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece.
- Determine the sequence of operations and setup requirements to build work piece to specifications.
- Working knowledge of processes and needed parameters for the efficient welding of materials including proper welding machine configuration.
- Working knowledge of the welding characteristics of ferrous metals, (Steel, Stainless Steel, Titanium, Inconel, Hastelloy etc.) non- ferrous metals (Aluminum, Copper, Brass, etc.).
- Fabricate tooling and fixtures required to properly locate and hold parts during welding operations.
- Conduct first article inspection.
- Perform needed inspection and set up inspection tools for production run work pieces.
- Create and maintain statistical reporting.
- Proficient use of company inspection equipment to qualify parts.
- Complete routine machine maintenance.
- Clean welding machines and work area to maintain safe working conditions.
- Read blue print and job traveler specifications to determine the proper tooling required to set up each operation.
- Verify conformance of work piece to specifications using standard measuring tools.
- Modify welding equipment parameters as required to meet product conformity.
- Replace welding tools as required to meet product conformity.
- Deburr work pieces as required.
- Clean parts as required.
- Must have a minimum of 8 Years welding experience using MIG, TIG, Ox/Acetylene, and Short Arc (stick) techniques.
- Good math skills including basic trigonometry.
- General mechanical skills.
- Extensive familiarity with the use of hand tools.
- Advanced blue print skills including knowledge of GD&T tolerances.
- Advanced familiarity of all AWS welding symbols and their proper application.
- Knowledge of welding the following materials; Stainless Steel, Aluminum, low carbon steel, and high carbon steel.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.