Welding Instructor, Part-time Adjunct Pool
Kern Community College District
This is for an adjunct pool that will be used to staff assignments during the 2013-14 academic year.
The successful applicant will be expected to provide instruction in a full range of Welding courses.
This assignment may include teaching at other campus sites, day or evening classes, weekend classes, large classes, distance learning and using multiple teaching methodologies.
Other duties include: participation in student recruitment and articulation of transfer programs for the Engineering and Industrial Technology department; maintaining subject matter currency; developing and revising curriculum; using computer and multimedia technology; collegial participation in departmental, college and discipline-specific professional activities.
Sick leave only.
This position is not eligible for health benefits.
Knowledge and Abilities
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they are broadly prepared and have a depth of knowledge in the discipline. In addition, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge and abilities:
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes innovation, teaching, learning and service to diverse student population;
• Ability to effectively work with students with a wide range of skills, motivations, academic and vocational goals;
• Ability to participate in the development of curriculum, including curriculum delivered via new modalities;
• Ability to participate in recruitment and articulation activities with local school, colleges and universities;
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
• Demonstrated ability to maintain subject matter currency;
• Ability to assess student learning outcomes;
• Knowledge of computers and willingness to explore new technologies that would benefit program;
• Knowledge of and commitment to the California community college mission.
Education and Experience
Any Bachelor’s degree AND two years of professional experience;
OR – Any Associate degree AND six years of professional experience;
OR – Possession of a valid credential, which authorizes the full-time teaching of Welding at the California Community College level;
OR – The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for this position. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form.
AND – A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Position Number: 00785
Posting Date: 06/18/2013
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Part-Time Academic
Rate: $60.00 per hour
Work Week: Flexible, as needed
College/Site: Bakersfield College
Location: BC-Main Campus
Special Instructions to Applicants
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled, but those received by Monday, July 8, 2013, 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
• Completed Online Application for Employment form
• Current resume
• Copies of legible transcripts
• List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
To apply, visit
AsiansinHigherEd.com - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard