Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Wellness Nurse is responsible to coordinate,
organize, implement, evaluate and direct the nursing
service department as well as its programs and
activities in accordance with current rules and
regulations and guidelines that govern the nursing
- Maintain a reference library and periodically update
to assist the nursing service department in meeting
the day to day needs of the residents.'
- Develop and maintain methods for coordinating
nursing services with other resident services to
ensure the continuity of the resident’s total
regimen of care.
- Participate in facility surveys made by authorized
government agencies as necessary or as directed.
- Maintain a cooperative and productive relationship
with the assigned Clinical Services Coordinator
follow-up and ensure resolution to all identified
- Develop action plan for systems issues and quality
indicators over threshold and submit to CSC for
- Collect, review and analyze clinical outcome data
and determine trends.
- Attend and provide clinical outcome data trends at
the QA and A committee meeting monthly.
- Participate in the QA and A Committee in developing
and implementing appropriate plans of action to
correct identified deficiencies.
- Assist in planning for resident admissions and
- Serve on, participate in and attend various
committees of the facility as appointed by the
- Determine and monitor the staffing needs of the
nursing department and ensure the assignment of
appropriate and adequate numbers of nursing staff
daily for each shift to ensure that the needs of the
residents are met.
- Review annually at a minimum, all nursing services
policies and procedures.
- Participate in the interviewing process and select,
with the Administrator’s approval, all Nurses and
Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Ensure yearly written performance evaluation of all
- Assist support services in developing, implementing,
and conducting in service training programs that
relate to the nursing department.
- Ensure that there are adequate supplies for resident
- Ensure that medical and nursing care is administered
in accordance with the resident’s wishes and per the
individualized care plan.
- In coordination with the Administrator, prepare,
plan and adhere to the nursing services budget.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care
- Ensure residents are treated with dignity and
respect and resident rights are maintained.
- Maintain a liaison with the residents, their
families and support departments to adequately plan
for the resident’s needs.
- Provide education and in-servicing to facility staff
according to education schedule and/or regulatory
- The Wellness Nurse must be a Registered Nurse with a
minimum of a Diploma from an accredited nursing
- Must have one year additional education in
rehabilitative or geriatric nursing.
- Must possess a minimum of one year experience in
long term care nursing management or per state
- Actively licensed registered nurse in the State of
CareOne - 20 months ago