West IP Communications is a forward-looking, knowledge-based company founded with a singular vision; to unite and deploy the most powerful business technologies ever devised via a scalable, on-demand, cloud-based communications platform; one capable of delivering a complete and continuously advancing package of unified communications services and applications.
Responsible for providing Tier I support to clients related to issues with assigned business unit products and services; answer incoming client calls involving questions or issues; document all trouble tickets with clear, concise explanations in a timely and accurate manner ensuring adherence to department policies and procedures; provide constant communication to clients on any/all outstanding issues; resolve problems within the scope of responsibility, escalating to appropriate departmental staff any issues that may adversely impact client; contact common carrier and work with them to resolve issues determined to be in their area of responsibility, acting as a liaison between them and the client; update information on trouble tickets as necessary, and close out trouble tickets when clients’ issues have been resolved.
* High school diploma or GED required
* College courses from an accredited college or university in computer science, MIS or a related field preferred
* Minimum 1 year experience in a network operations, technical support environment or customer service role required
* Advanced work in pursuit of a Bachelors degree (e.g., junior and senior year, etc.) in computer science, MIS, or a related field can be substituted for one year of technical support or network operations experience
* Minimum 1 year experience with networking systems preferred
* Basic troubleshooting methodology knowledge preferred
* Cisco certification (e.g., CCNA, etc) preferred
* SSCA certification preferred
* Basic knowledge of Word and Excel required
* Based on departmental need, may be required to work weekend or evening shifts
West IP Communications offers a variety of benefits to our employees including competitive compensation, comprehensive health coverage, 401(k) retirement plan, tuition assistance, paid holidays, and paid time off.
Check out our opportunities and see the difference a career can make.
If you are interested in this position and meet the minimum requirements, apply online today!
Applications will be accepted through 12/06/2013.
More information on our companies can be found at:
Come help us lead the way!
West Corporation - 12 months ago
Spoken every day, in every way.
To many of the top companies in nearly every industry, West provides the technology and customized...