Founded in 2007, the Aspire Institute serves as an "innovation lab" for Wheelock College. Today, it develops, manages, and hosts several of Wheelock's cutting-edge college-community initiatives.
Aspire's mission is to advance knowledge and solutions in response to social and educational challenges. To fulfill this mission, Aspire collaborates with Wheelock faculty, staff, and community partners to envision and develop new, effective policy and practice in the fields of education, child and human development, and health and wellness.
The Director of Programs will work closely with the Aspire Director to:
Collaborate with Wheelock’s Finance Office to:
- Plan, organize, coordinate and manage the operations, financial management, and administrative functions of Aspire and related to all programs and grant-funded projects;
- Ensure efficient and effective delivery of services and timely distribution of funding across all of programs and grant-funded projects
- Serve as Aspire’s primary contact person for and coordinate with all relevant College administrative and academic departments to ensure successful planning and implementation of program and grant-funded project operational activities
Oversee Aspire new employee hiring and orientation processes and ensure compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity and non-discrimination laws;
- Interpret and apply federal and state-mandated guidelines
- Assure staff compliance mandated guidelines.
- Liaison with federal, state and private funders to ensure appropriate, use of funds, and record and report information related to grant objectives and financial activities
- Manage the collection, accounting and deposits of relevant federal grant funds transactions
- Manage collection, review, and submission of Time and Effort forms for all grant-funded staff, faculty, administrators
- Maintain current knowledge of the federal laws, regulations, policies and application requirements and eligibility criteria for applicable grant programs
- Oversees contract development and management of subcontractors and independent consultants
- Research and coordinate software and technology systems application activities related to grant objectives and effective and efficient data collection and reporting;
- Research, develop and prepare for submission all new grant budgets, ensuring they are in compliance with Wheelock and funder guidelines and requirements
Establish and maintain working relationships with key community partners as needed.
Provide project management and coordination to grant projects as needed
Oversee Aspire’s communication strategy, including supporting projects from initial development to full implementation with integration of communications and outreach activities (social media, newsletters, web pages, and marketing). Supervise the following staff:
Represents Aspire within Wheelock and the community.
- Project specialist
- Communications & operations specialist
- Project administrative staff
- student interns
- other administrative staff, as needed
Note: This description focuses on the major duties of this position. It is neither designed nor intended to include all duties inherent in satisfactory performance of the position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Master’s Degree in related field preferred, with significant coursework in organizational leadership, business, community relations, educational leadership and administration, or related fields.
- Highly organized, with ability to multi-task, develop operational systems, and focus on results
- Exceptional financial and project management skills, with ability to develop and manage numerous budgets, projects, and operational systems
- Strong communicator and facilitator, with ability to work effectively with diverse community partners and in a team environment that includes other staff, faculty administrators and students.
- Technical skills, including MS Office Suite, desktop publishing, database applications, and website design
- Sense of humor!
Commitment to Diversity
Wheelock is a diverse community devoted to promoting and acceptance of all people regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, or physical ability. Each employee, regardless of position, is thus expected to support actively the College's commitment to such diversity by displaying a positive attitude toward and acceptance of all employees and students regardless of such differences.
Wheelock College is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
Please apply on-line.
No phone calls or email please.
Wheelock College - 14 months ago