The Sports & Enrichment Coordinator at the Mattahunt Community Center will require a motivated, energetic, and strong individual with a real passion for building and mobilizing a community through sports based and enrichment programming. The Sports & Enrichment Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the center director in developing and implementing strong sports and enrichment activities, programs and events that will greatly benefit the families and community it serves. Overseeing daily sports and enrichment programming, maintaining partnerships in the facility and sharing innovative ideas
to build the athletic & development experiences at the center.
- Coordination, development, implementation of all sports and enrichment programs
- Oversight and supervision of all gym and enrichment based activities
- Enforce all rules, polices, and procedures related to the gym and facility areas
- Responsible for instruction of athletic and enrichment activity, and maintenance of all sporting and enrichment equipment
- Work effectively with all program partners and other athletic and enrichment personnel
- Complete sports and enrichment report on a monthly basis
- Maintain and clean program areas
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with youth, students, supervisors, staff, parents, and the general public
- Ensure safety of all program participants in gym and outdoor athletic area
- Encourage participation within all activities
- Perform other duties related towards program needs as required
Education and Physical Requirements
- Community work and sports and enrichment programming experience preferred
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- At least two-three years experience working with youth
- Must be flexible
- High School graduate or its equivalent
- Overall good physical condition
- College student/graduate a plus
Commitment to Diversity
Wheelock is a diverse community devoted to promoting and acceptance of all people regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, or physical ability. Each employee, regardless of position, is thus expected to support actively the College's commitment to such diversity by displaying a positive attitude toward and acceptance of all employees and students regardless of such differences.
Wheelock College is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
Please apply on-line.
No phone calls or email please.
Wheelock College - 17 months ago