Your role will be to oversee the buying, stocking, inventory, merchandising, and margin control of the Vitamins and Supplements sub-department within the Whole Body Department. You will have some discretion regarding quantity and product selection, and will be empowered to source some products from local vendors.
- Set, and achieve, the highest standards in retail execution.
- Provide our guests with legendary guest service.
- Complete maintenance of the supplements sub-department.
- Order product from vendors as appropriate.
- Maintain a well-stocked and well-merchandised department.
- Control spoilage and sampling.
- Assist in the training and development of Team Members.
- Achieve required margin targets for appropriate sub-department.
- Support goals and visions of Team Leader.
- Support all regional and global programs and policies.
- Work all inventories as required, and monitor inventory levels and purchase journals.
- Meet all accounting deadlines.
- Uphold all standards pertaining to cleanliness and HACCP programs.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
In the Survey you will be asked whether or not this posting will work as is, as well as what you would like to see added or removed.
- Successful experience working in a retail supplements environment.
- Strong demonstrated merchandising skills and supplement product knowledge.
- Knowledge of DSHEA ACT preferred (US and Canada locations), knowledge of regulations regarding complementary medicine (UK locations).
- Strong basic math skills including the ability to add, multiply, divide, subtract and calculate percentages.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong demonstrated guest service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong guest service experience.
- Strong demonstrated organizational skills.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.
•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most vibrant...