The Subsistence Advisor position is responsible for providing guidance to avoid impact to subsistence use areas and assistance with permit compliance, including observance and documentation of wildlife, participating in journey management and other compliance activities. Residents of Nuiqsut and Anaktuvuk Pass preferred. Detailed Description
This is a temporary position and the work schedule is dependent upon client needs and program area access. This position will start July 23 through mid August.
The Subsistence Advisor will report wildlife sightings and monitor visits by local residents and subsistence users. Potential responsibilities include a liaison between the local communities and the client, accompanying the client to community meetings. The Subsistence Advisor must be willing and capable of working long hours outside in what is often a physically challenging environment. Fieldwork will be performed, outdoors, in rugged terrain, and in often less than ideal working conditions.
- Compliance with ASRC Drug and Alcohol Policy Standards
- Attend First Aid/CPR, NSTC, Firearms Safety, Bear Hazing Training
- Operate ASRC vehicles to various field locations.
- Comply with Company and customer policies and procedures.
- Support the AES zero-incident safety culture and assume personal accountability and responsibility for safe work practices in all projects, activities, and operations.
Minimum Education and Experience
The following field experience is required for this position:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Alaska Drivers License
- Currently reside in, or be closely tied to, the Inupiat communties of Nuiqsut and/or Anaktuvuk Pass
- Working in remote settings for extended periods of time
- Working successfully as a field team member with minimal support
No certifications are required for this position. Additional Details
All applicants must meet the following AES Driver Licenses and Records policy.
ASRC Energy Services - 2 years ago
Alaska's slippery slopes have led to financial success for ASRC Energy Services. A subsidiary of Arctic Slope Regional Corp., ASRC...