The Wind Plant Manager, based at the MinnDakota facility in Elkton, SD, manages day to day operations and maintenance of a utility scale wind power plant. This includes development and compliance with an operating budget, outage coordination and scheduling with the interconnect entity, scheduling coordinator and trading desk, oversight of operations and maintenance to ensure work is carried out using Prudent Utility Practices. Responsibilities include:
- Ensures strict management and compliance of all company and project environmental, health and safety programs.
- Responsible to ensure crew receives periodic safety training and conducts periodic safety assessments.
- Negotiates and administers 3
- Administers warranties.
- Manages implementation of capital improvement programs and retrofits.
- Manage crews performing operations, maintenance and warranty activities of all wind plant equipment, ensures compliance with manufacturers' requirements.
- Manages warehouse personnel and parts program.
- Prepares annual budget and monthly profit and loss reporting.
- Reviews and approves root cause analyses of major failures.
- Performs staffing activities, counseling, coaching, training and corrective actions of subordinate employees. Prepares performance evaluations per company instructions and guidelines.
- Ensures all relevant internal controls are followed and develops new controls as needed.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Four year college degree or technical school certificate; or 5 years of related experience or power industry training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in power plant operations and maintenance.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to climb 80 meter steel towers on a daily basis to perform maintenance.
- Weight must not exceed 285 lbs (excluding equipment/gear) when performing job related tasks.
- Advanced computer skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, email, facility control, management and reporting systems, including the use of computerized diagnostic and troubleshooting tools.
- Comprehensive writing skills to meet contractual reporting obligations.
- Ability to work in extremely adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to work around low and medium voltage.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment required for facility maintenance with a working knowledge of crane and rigging requirements.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference check, a background check which includes an MVR report, and a drug screen. Iberdrola Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Experience in wind plant operations and wind turbine experience.
- Experience in high voltage maintenance and switching.
- Experience establishing and improving preventative maintenance programs.
- Experience working with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).