Iberdrola Renewables is seeking a Wind Plant Technician to support the Manzana facility located in California. This position is responsible for the onsite operations, maintenance, repairs and replacement of equipment on a wind powered generation plant, and leads in all areas of plant operations as directed by the Plant Manager.
- Operate and maintain wind turbines and associated wind plant equipment, including substation and tower switchgear.
- Read schematics to troubleshoot complicated mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic problems with variable pitch, variable speed control systems and components.
- Perform mechanical and electrical component repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions following all manufacturers' requirements.
- Comply with all project environmental health and safety programs.
- Perform preventive maintenance in accordance with OEM maintenance manuals.
- Adhere to effective internal controls.
- Perform data collection and prepare reports to meet wind plant reporting requirements.
- One year college or technical school certificate; or 12 months of related experience or wind industry training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Ability to climb 80 meter steel towers on a daily basis to perform maintenance in the nacelle and hub.
- Ability to frequently lift items weighing 1 to 60 pounds and occasionally lift items from 61 to 100 pounds.
- Advanced computer skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, email, facility control, management and reporting systems, including the use of computerized diagnostic and troubleshooting tools.
- Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possession of comprehensive writing skills to meet contractual reporting obligations.
- Willing to work overtime on holidays, weekends, and on short notice. Participates in an on-call schedule.
- Ability to work in extremely adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to work around low and medium voltage.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Weight must not exceed 285 lbs excluding equipment/gear worn when performing job related tasks.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment required for facility maintenance with a working knowledge of crane and rigging requirements.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Familiarity with maintenance and electronic testing equipment. (i.e. voltage testers, amp clamps, oscilloscopes, megohmmeters, infrared testers, hydraulic torque equipment, alignment and various hand and power tools.)
- Willingness and desire to increase professional knowledge of turbine equipment, including safety regulations. May require travel to other wind sites within U.S.
- If selected for an interview, candidates will be asked to review the Functional Job Analysis requirements for this job.
- Experience in power plant operations and maintenance.
- Experience in wind plant operations and turbine experience; including specific experience in wind turbine power converters
- Experience in high voltage switching.
- Qualified candidates living in or near the greater local area.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a medical Fit for Duty exam, background check, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle. Iberdrola Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IBERDROLA Renewables (formerly PPM Energy) is a real power player in the energy industry. Part of IBERDROLA's global network, IBERDROLA...