THIS DESCRIPTION REPRESENTS THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION. THE INCUMBENT MAY BE ASKED TO FULFILL OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES.
1. Adherence to the company’s values and behaviors as defined by the ONE E.ON philosophy.
2. Assure that all operation and maintenance activities are performed in a safe manner consistent with policies and procedures established for the wind farm site.
3. Monitor and learn the activities of maintenance contractors and ensure corrective actions when appropriate.
4. Assist in conducting acceptance and performance tests on systems and equipments following planned maintenance or outages.
5. Train and guide less experienced operations and maintenance site personnel.
6. Perform safety and other wind farm related tasks when assigned and fill in as back up to personnel at other E.ON sites when necessary.
Tech II: Four (4) years of experience in to operations and/or maintenance of power generation and related facilities, with some experience with wind turbines.
Tech I: Same as above, but with 6 years of experience.
Associate: Same as above, but with 2 years of experience.
SUBSTITUTION CLAUSE: A 2 year or 4 year college degree from an accredited school, other than correspondence or on-line, in a technical hard science (engineering, physics, power, or closely similar) may substitute for 2 years of experience. A current journeyman or master electrician license may substitute for 2 years of experience. A wind technician certificate program can substitute for 1 year of experience.
Associate degree in Sciences or related field from an accredited school preferred.
GE turbine experience strongly preferred.
At a glance
Open until filled
NO EXPAT ARRANGEMENT AVAILABLE