My client, a world leading Proprietary Trading company is looking for a talented and ambitious technologist to support a quickly growing firm. This position entails working in small but elite Windows Support teams working diligently to ensure that trading systems, desktop, mobile, laptop, and remote support services are functioning at best as possible.
In terms of personality, here’s what we’re looking for:
You have a reputation for providing best in class customer service and a passion for serving as a top-notch solutions provider. You want to be recognized and rewarded for your hard work and contributions and to make an impact within an award-winning team and world class financial services organization.
- Passion for technology- this is a company where technology is king and is seen as a profit center- they need people who are on board with this mentality and have the skills to match it
- Proactive technologists - When you realize you don't know something, you're hungry to learn it right now!
- Strong communicators/Relationship Builders – You will need to be able to provide and communicate complex technology solutions across differing audiences including technical, managerial, business executives, and/or vendors
- Subject Matter Experts - Lead the resolution process for complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
In terms of responsibilities, here’s what you will be handling:
In terms of technical skills, here’s what you will need:
- Provide day-to-day support for the firm’s 500+ users- including support for Linux servers and Windows desktops
- Supportiing desktop, laptops, remote users, video conferencing,
- Managing data centers, disaster recovery and data migration
- Utilize a proprietary network and application-monitoring tool to monitor Customer usage and provide proactive diagnosis of issues.
- Liaise with Product Management and Implementation groups to ensure resolution of Customer issues and to communicate Customer requests and suggestions.
- Create and monitor issues in an internal incident tracking system to identify problem trends. Implement programs to resolve (e.g. more training, better documentation).
- Ability to troubleshoot both system and application issues in the Windows Operating system.
- Assist with product testing and deployments.
- Must have strong customer service skills; an ability to communicate well with various users an non technical people
- Motivated self-starter with good problem solving skills and a take-responsibility attitude
- Must be a team player with ability and interest in participating in new projects and helping other departments within the company.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
In terms of technical skills, here’s what is beneficial:
- Customer, trading desk or internal desk top support experience.
- Experience in Windows XP/7/Server or LINUX/UNIX environment.
- Experience with Active Directory, MS Exchange, SharePoint, VPN
- Experience with desktop and mobile hardware
- Experienced with storage solutions
- Good understanding of networking and database fundamentals
- Experience in the financial services industry (trading desk preferred)
- Excellent project management skills
Current Team/Organizational Structure
- Experience in a support function within a high pressure environment where technology drives the business, as opposed to supporting the business.
This is an immediate hire, interviews are to begin soon and early application is advised. GQR also welcomes tentative enquiries from suitably qualified individuals.
- Flat structure – Line management are always keen to hear new ideas
- Meritocratic – Strong performers are well recognized within the business, and have historically progressed extremely quickly
- Huge emphasis on technology- this is an environment where technologists are highly valued and appreciated
- Industry experts – You will be surrounding yourself with some of the brightest people in their field and will have the opportunity to share ideas and learn from them every day
Confidentiality and utmost discretion is 100% assured.
Key words: Windows Desktop Support, Desktop, Linux, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Project Management,
APPLY | firstname.lastname@example.org
VISIT US | www.g-q-r.com/vacancies
While a resume is preferable we also welcome tentative enquiries from well-qualified persons. To speak with an agent please contact one of our regional offices using the contact details listed below. Utmost confidentiality and discretion is assured.
Search Consultant: James Friend
Contact Telephone Number: +44 (0) 203 141 8000
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/e/vgh/1615777
VISIT US | www.g-q-r.com | www.g-t-r.com | www.gqrgm.com
GQR Global Quant, GQR Global Trading, GQR Global Markets
We operate globally and leverage our extensive relationships to unite the most talented people with the most intellectually and financially rewarding career opportunities throughout Europe, the United States, Asia and the Middle East.
QuantFinanceJobs.com - 10 months ago