My client, a World Leading Hedge Fund is looking for a talented and conscientious Technical Lead to join their Windows Infrastructure Team who is prepared to offer a highly attractive compensation package to the right individual.
In terms of personality, here’s what we’re looking for:
In terms of responsibilities, here’s what you will be handling:
- Proactive technologists - When you realize you don't know something, you're hungry to learn it right now!
- Strong communicators/Relationship Builders – You will need to be able to provide and communicate complex technology solutions across differing audiences including technical, managerial, business executives, and/or vendors
- Subject Matter Experts - Lead the resolution process for complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Strong Organization skills – You will have responsibility for multiple, complex projects within business areas that will require good time management and prioritization skills
In terms of technical skills, here’s what you will need:
- The Windows Technical Lead will lead the team that designs and maintains the global Windows infrastructure.
- Strategic planning for the growth of the infrastructure, maintaining existing systems, and proactively researching and implementing new products as needed.
- Own and lead infrastructure projects to completion with transparency
- Provide operational support as needed
- Document infrastructure solutions and maintain documentation
- Will interact with Colocation Providers and vendors to resolve production issues and daily
Current Team/Organizational Structure
- Experience in architecting and supporting a reliable, scalable Windows network
- In-depth knowledge of Windows 2008/7 and Active Directory, including Group Policy, Kerberos, and LDAP
- Strong scripting knowledge of at least one of the following languages: Perl, Python, or PowerShell
- Extensive experience with Exchange 2010 troubleshooting, management, and automation
- Experience integrating BlackBerry Enterprise Server and ActiveSync with Exchange 2010
- Experience with server/desktop management using Microsoft System Center products
- Experience with SharePoint 2010 installation, maintenance, and third-party code integration
- Experience with SQL Server, including replication, log shipping, and query optimization
- Experience with Linux preferred, particularly with Windows-Linux interaction (Samba, LDAP, and MySQL)
- Experience with virtualization hypervisors, including but not limited to Microsoft Hyper-V
This is an immediate hire, interviews are to begin soon and early application is advised. GQR also welcomes tentative enquiries from suitably qualified individuals.
- Flat structure – Line management are always keen to hear new ideas
- Meritocratic – Strong performers are well recognized within the business, and have historically progressed extremely quickly
- Industry experts – You will be surrounding yourself with some of the brightest people in their field and will have the opportunity to share ideas and learn from them every day
Confidentiality and utmost discretion is 100% assured.
APPLY | email@example.com
VISIT US | www.g-q-r.com/vacancies
While a resume is preferable we also welcome tentative enquiries from well-qualified persons. To speak with an agent please contact one of our regional offices using the contact details listed below. Utmost confidentiality and discretion is assured.
Search Consultant: James Friend
Contact Telephone Number: +44 (0) 203 141 8000
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/e/vgh/1615777
VISIT US | www.g-q-r.com | www.g-t-r.com | www.gqrgm.com
GQR Global Quant, GQR Global Trading, GQR Global Markets
We operate globally and leverage our extensive relationships to unite the most talented people with the most intellectually and financially rewarding career opportunities throughout Europe, the United States, Asia and the Middle East.
QuantFinanceJobs.com - 15 months ago