Job Description:CONSTELLATION SUMMARY:|
Constellation Brands, Inc. is the world's leading
premium wine company, and offers a wide range of career
opportunities in sales, marketing, operations,
production, finance and administration. As a part of the
Constellation team, employees are encouraged to improve
their skills and performance throughout their careers
through various professional and educational development
programs. CBI provides a robust onboarding program in
addition to ongoing training initiatives to help
employees integrate into the organization quickly and
maximize their growth potential.
The Franciscan Winemaker will be an integral member of
Winemaking Team, producing luxury tier Napa Valley wines
in the tradition and vision of Franciscan Estate.
Provides leadership and guidance for Production team
members toward successful execution of winemaking goals.
highest quality, meeting style and production targets,
- Supports Director of Winemaking to craft wines of the
and meeting Brand objectives.
and new products in order to support short and long-term
- Participate in tastings, development of wine blends,
products, reconciling overall usage. Ensure blends meet
- Oversee inventory master plan for all lots and
legal specifications for varietal, vintage, and
appellation, and specified oak targets.
regarding blends, QC bottle tastings, and commercial
- Plan tasting schedule for winemaking decisions
comparative tastings. Coordinate tasting activities with
defined vineyards, ensuring optimum grape quality for
- Direct harvest timing and picking decisions for
winemaking objectives. Participate in Grower tastings.
wines meet fermentation requirements. Shares
- Lead Chardonnay barrel fermentation program, ensuring
responsibility for red wine fermentation oversight.
maintained during aging, working with Enologist and Lab
- Responsible for ensuring wine quality and stability is
team. May directly supervise quality control and
collaborating with Director of Winemaking. Coordinates
- Oversee barrel purchases within authorized budgets,
cooper trial and tastings to optimize barrel selection.
Bottling, etc) to establish and meet short and long term
- Coordinate with key departments (Lab, Cellar,
planning requirements and meet production deadlines.
activities, which requires travel to markets, speaking
- Represent the brand by participating in marketing
in public, maintaining brand image, and fulfilling needs
of the Public Relations, Sales, and Marketing teams.
Leads winery tasting and education sessions with
internal staff and external customers.
status, and coordinate bulk wine purchase or sale with
- Liaison with bulk wine brokers. Track bulk wine
internal and external partners.
maintain winemaking procedures to accomplish wine style
- Collaborate with Director of Winemaking to revise and
objectives, and communicate expectations to Operations
educate and provide insight into winemaking processes.
- Provides coaching and development to cellar crew to
accomplish financial goals for the brand and winemaking
- Participate in the development of strategies to
department. Become familiar with grape and wine cost
Federal TTB regulations and Company standards.
- Ensure all activities and processes meet State and
programs and policies to safeguard personal safety,
- Follow safe operating procedures, support safety
company property, environmental and team member’s
policies and practices which are economically viable,
- Responsible for compliance with CWUS sustainability
socially acceptable and environmentally sound. This is
done by supporting programs at each location for
conservation, energy efficiency, and recycling, which
are critical for our operations to achieve tangible
tasting skills, creative ability, and experience with
- Possesses a passion for wine and has well-developed
vineyard evaluation and picking decisions.
ultra-premium and/or luxury category.
- 5-7 years experience in making wine in the
major processes of winemaking, analysis, production
- B.S. in Enology, or equivalent. Well-versed in the
procedures, and work flow.
fermentations, with demonstrated experience in problem
- Thorough understanding of wine chemistry and
- Ability to be a team player and work for collective
ability to create strong working relationships.
- Good communications skills, verbal and written, and
independently, be pragmatic, and prioritize.
- Excellent organizer and planner with ability to work
systems. Experience with Access a plus.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, wine database
- Knowledge of government regulations.
extreme temperature conditions
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors, and in
- Will be working around moving machinery.
- Must be able to work extended hours, especially during
and caustic chemicals.
- Potential exposure to fumes, airborne particles, toxic
Open Date : 2013-02-05 14:00:00
- Ability to lift up to 55 pounds.
Division/Department : Operations--Winemaking
% of Travel Required : 10-20%
Constellation Brands - 20 months ago
Constellation Brands, Inc. is an international producer and marketer of beverage alcohol with a portfolio of wine brands complemented by...