Masimo (NASDAQ: MASI) is a global medical technology company that develops and manufactures innovative noninvasive patient monitoring technologies. We thrive on innovation and have won numerous awards for solving previously “unsolvable” clinical problems. In 2012, we won the Gold Stevie Award for best new health product and were once again named in Forbes Top 100 small public companies in America. We offer a competitive compensation plan with an excellent benefits package including stock options, 401k match, medical, dental, vision and much more!
Wireless Implementation Specialist
In this high profile role, you will be an integral part of a hi-tech professional team that is responsible for keeping our on- site mission critical systems operating.
- Responsible for coordination and installation of the company's network based central monitoring and paging systems using LAN/WAN, WLAN and VLAN topologies in various hospital environments.
- Plans and implements the installation of networked based systems, including configuring; supporting/troubleshooting system problems, coordinating with Masimo, vendors or hospital staff (nursing, doctors, maintenance, IT and biomedical) on the installation of all component items including such items as brackets, cables, routers, access points, bridges, and switches.
- Provides entire supplied system technical expertise and participates in technical training.
- Assists with product sales and proposals as requested.
- Works with the clinical team to install and test systems.
- Responsible for project installation recommendations and planning, quote recommendation and analysis, wireless site surveys, and WLAN/LAN performance evaluations.
- Has a complete and thorough knowledge of the product and contributes to the development of new concepts, theories and principles to enhance existing and new product design.
- Conducts Biomed/IT training on Masimo systems.
- Works on multifaceted problems that may require new and creative thinking to complete the project.
- Utilizes good judgment within broad policies and practices to complete established goals and maintains flexibility to allow changes.
- Acts in a leadership role as a principal technical customer contact and may interface with all levels of company and customer staff and management.
- Function as an additional resource to the Tech Support team as needed for systems assistance.
- Frequent travel required.
- 3+ years Enterprise network experience.
- Extensive knowledge of networking using TCP/IP protocol in an Enterprise environment.
- In depth knowledge of IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n standards.
- Experience with wireless site surveys.
- Experience with spectral analysis.
- In depth knowledge of networking terms and concepts.
- Excellent networked systems troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of VPN configurations and use.
- Established self-starter with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong ‘hands-on’ skills, with ability to perform detail-oriented work with high degree of accuracy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft XP Professional and Windows 7 Professional operating systems.
- Ability to communicate technical ideas clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking capabilities.
- Demonstrated technical writing ability with good organizational skills.
- Willing and able to travel with little notice.
- Flexible and able to ‘change gears’ to accomplish goals.
- 5+ years Enterprise network experience.
- CCNA or equivalent.
- CWNA or equivalent.
- Experience with AirMagnet.
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Understanding of medical terms and concepts.
- Medical or biomedical experience.
- CCNA or equivalent preferred.
- CWNA or equivalent preferred.
This position involves heavy travel and a candidiate can be located in any major city in the Southeast United States.
We offer a highly competitive compensation plan with an excellent benefits package including 410k match, medical, dental, vision and much more!
Masimo is proud to be an EEOE and we value and are committed to Diversity at every level.
Masimo - 21 months ago
As important as the blood running through your veins is the oxygen it carries. Masimo knows that and makes tools that monitor arterial...