The job of the retail Wireless Consultant is to sell merchandise and wireless plans in a professional and ethical manner and to function as a part of a team. A Wireless Consultant has several specific duties, most of which are related to providing top quality customer service and complete customer satisfaction. The Wireless Consultant must also meet specific sales, closure, and operational goals. The successful Wireless Consultant will quickly gain product knowledge and have a natural ability for delivering high quality customer service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Wireless Consultant identifies the wireless needs of various types of consumers and businesses; successfully closes sales of wireless products, services, and accessories; maintains high standards of customer service; and performs all the tasks related to this position including, but not limited to, the following:
Learning and remaining knowledgeable about current wireless technologies, products, services, and accessories
Greeting and qualifying potential customers that enter the retail location in order to determine their wireless service needs and recommending the appropriate products and services
Educating and engaging customers through product demonstrations
Identifying and acting upon opportunities to up sell additional products and/or services to new and existing customers in order to maximize transactions
Servicing customers before, during, and after sale; including but not limited to: answering questions, making follow-up calls, etc.
Generating new business and maintaining a customer base; obtaining customer referrals, etc.
Developing and maintaining long-term relationships with wireless customers
Handling all customer service issues in a timely and professional manner
Ensuring and maintaining a clean and organized location including adhering to set planogram and merchandising standards, coordinating the general maintenance and repair of the location, maintaining supply levels, etc.
Receiving, organizing, counting and protecting inventory
Ensuring accurate completion of all point-of-sale transactions in the appropriate systems, including sales, service tickets, device activations, and bill payments
Performing various cash-handling procedures including cash-ins, cash-outs, and drawer audits
Consistently meeting or exceeding all personal sales/performance targets
Completing all required trainings
- 18 years or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding people skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Above-average computer operating skills in the Microsoft Windows environment
- Basic knowledge of wireless products (Apple iOS, Google Android, etc.)
- Flexible availability (mix of day, night, and weekend hours required)
- Successful completion of a criminal background check
- One year retail sales experience in wireless or related industry preferred, but not required
Key Personality Traits
- Desire to be successful
- Friendly / Extroverted
- Willing to learn and adapt to new situations
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Moving from place to place within the store
- Stooping, kneeling, reaching, and pulling to obtain stock merchandise
- Lifting up to 25 pounds (or more in some circumstances)
- Working 35-40 hours (or more) per week
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
We are dedicated to providing consumers and businesses with industry-leading wireless solutions while delivering superior customer service....