REPORTS TO Graphics Manager
Come work with the most talented designers in the industry at our newly remodeled in-house design studio. You’ll have full shop access to make your design dreams become reality; a state of the art downdraft paint booth, top of the line vinyl cutting, SLA machine and much, much more. If you can think it, we can make it, paint it and decal it. You'll be surrounded by a very talented team of graphic and industrial designers who work hard and play even harder. Alumni from the Academy of Art University, the Art Center College of Design, the University of Cincinnati, and others will be your teammates working alongside you on designs that impact that global bike industry.
The Women’s Lead Graphic Designer is responsible for the creation and management of graphic designs on women’s bikes from concept through production. This includes and involves research, mood board creation, graphic strategies, presenting your work and the ability to take creative direction. This position works within the graphics department and in collaboration with the Performance Mountain, Performance Road, ATB, and Core bike groups. You’ll be responsible for the creation of tech packs sent to vendors for sampling and production. You must be willing and able to travel to Asia at least 2 times per year to review pilot runs and samples. You must be able to work collaboratively with product managers, engineers, and industrial designers in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Strong passion for cycling and the outdoor industry
- BFA or masters degree in graphic design and a strong portfolio
- 5-7 years working in a design agency or design driven company
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite specifically Adobe Illustrator on a Mac OS
- Packaging and product graphic design a major plus
- Meticulous attention to detail, exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to articulately present your design concepts and directions in large meetings
- Proven ability to work effectively across multiple teams within an organization
- The ability to navigate and work with a variety of personalities
- Be a strong collaborative team player and mentor, be able share your passion for and knowledge of graphic design
- Be able to change course and act quickly & thoroughly to execute on designs to make deadlines
- The ability to accept, be open to and implement feedback & critique for the betterment of the brand and the overarching brand aesthetics
Specialized Bicycle Components - 18 months ago
Specialized Bicycle Components didn't set out to make a museum piece, but the company's original Stumpjumper (the first...