Argonaut Insurance Company is a subsidiary of Argo Group US, a national underwriter of specialty insurance in niche areas of the property-casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group US offers a full line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims handling needs of its clients.
Argonaut Insurance Company currently has a challenging opportunity for a Workers’ Compensation Claims Adjuster. This position is based in Jersey City, New Jersey.
The primary purpose of this position is to successfully manage workers’ compensation claims in the New York jurisdiction with multiple issues and the potential for significant exposure. In addition, this position will likely manage claims in the Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia jurisdictions.
The primary responsibilities are:
1. Actively manage caseload of complex lost time cases.
2. Actively manage cases involving complex medical, legal and vocational rehabilitation issues.
3. Manage diary and complete tasks to ensure that cases move to the best financial outcome and timely resolution. This includes properly scrutinizing both the propriety and efficacy of medical treatment.
4. Properly set claim reserves.
5. Identify, assign, and coordinate the assignment and coordination of expertise resources to assist in case resolution.
6.Appl ying creative solutions which result in the best financial outcome.
7. Processing mail and prioritizing workload.
8. Responsible for telephone calls from various parties (insured, claimant, medical facilities, etc.).
9. Have an appreciation and passion for strong claim management.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
1. Must have good business acumen (i.e. understand how an insurance company works and makes money, including how this role impacts both Argonaut’s and our customers’ ability to be profitable) .
2. Minimum of three years of successful workers’ compensation claim management experience in managing workers’ compensation indemnity claims
3. Excellent knowledge of workers’ compensation law in New York , particularly as it applies to compensability, causal relationship, and return to work. Knowledge of workers’ compensation law in Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia is beneficial but not required. However, ability and desire to learn workers’ compensation law in these jurisdictions is required.
4. Must have strong litigation management skills and excellent knowledge of applicable case law.
5. Excellent ability to manage complex medical issues.
6. Must be experienced in managing rehabilitation issues and identifying and implementing innovative rehabilitation programs.
7. Must be innovative in assisting injured workers in finding alternative employment opportunities.
8. Ability to prioritize workload and handle multiple tasks.
9. Ability to articulate the financial value of your work at multiple responsibility levels inside our clients’ business which may include the CEO.
10. Exhibit a natural curiosity.
11. Desire to work in a fast paced environment.
12. Excellent evaluation and strategic skills required.
13. Strong claim negotiation skills a must.
14. Must possess a strong customer focus.
15. Must work independently and demonstrate the ability to exercise sound judgment.
16. Proficient in MS Office Suite and other business-related software.
17. Polished and professional written and verbal communication skills.
18. The ability to read and write English fluently is required. The ability to read and write Spanish fluently is strongly preferred but not required.
19. Ability to travel, sometimes overnight, approximately 5% of the time. Our employees are required to have sufficient credit available to incur travel expenses (i.e. airfare, lodging, meals, rental car) for the duration of the trip. Eligible travel and entertainment expenses are reimbursed in accordance with Argo’s Travel & Entertainment Policy approximately one week after an expense report has been approved for payment.
20. Must demonstrate a desire for continued professional development through continuing education and self-development opportunities.
In addition, you will share in those core values which are key to our success:
· We desire to excel
· We are committed to our clients and to each other
· We have the courage to do the right thing
· We apply original thinking
Argo Group - 2 years ago
Headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, Argo Group International Holdings Ltd is a leading global underwriter of speciality insurance and...