Argonaut Insurance Company currently has a challenging opportunity for a Claims Support Supervisor. This position can be filled in any of the three locations: San Francisco, CA, Peoria, IL, or Irving, TX. The primary purpose of this position is for the overall management of the claims support operations unit that supports the workers’ compensation claims departments of both Argonaut Insurance Company and Argo Insurance. This position reports to a Claims Manager in Irving, TX. The position provides technical claim support leadership and direction with a focus on supporting the consistent execution of claims support functions, enhancement/improvement of processes and procedures, and maintenance of operational excellence.
Specific job duties and responsibilities include:
· Leads, directs and has leadership accountability for a staff of Claims Assistants supporting Argo Select and Argonaut Insurance Company Claims Adjusters, in the workers’ compensation claims department. This includes ensuring that there are performance objectives and performance metrics in place to both support and meet department goals.
· Global liaison with third party vendor SGS to ensure the clerical tasks assigned to them are completed timely and meet the quality standards in place for our existing staff.
· Partners with key Claims Management to develop strategic and operational plans aimed at achieving efficiencies so that the department can meet its Critical Success Goals and the business unit can meet both growth and profitability targets.
· Drives continuous improvement through initiatives involving the employees, processes and technology.
· Ensures claims best practices are met in the support area for proper and consistent claims performance and achieving the appropriate financial outcomes.
· Supports the professional claims selection process to retain claims professionals that consistently demonstrate appropriate technical expertise, maturity and a professional commitment to excellence and customer service.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Polished and professional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build consensus both internally and externally. The ability to read and write English fluently is required. The ability to read and write Spanish fluently is considered a plus.
- Must have good business acumen (i.e. understand how an insurance company works and makes money, including how this role impacts both Argo Group’s and our customers’ ability to be profitable) .
· A strong focus on execution in getting things done right. Proven ability to consistently produce and deliver expected results to all stakeholders.
· Client focus – the ability to effectively determine specific client needs and to provide value added solutions.
· Demonstrates inner strength. Has the courage to do the right thing and demonstrates it on a daily basis.
· Intellectual curiosity. Consistently considers all options and is not governed by conventional thinking.
· Ability to build commitment both internally and externally. Ability to communicate corporate vision and to gain support for his/her views, opinions and decisions.
· Minimum three years experience leading a group of employees, some working on site and some working remotely, to meet department objectives.
· Strong focus on selection – determined to have the right people who do the best job. Has a reputation for his/her ability to identify, attract and hire talented people.
· Dedicated to developing talent. Understands and is committed to developing people so that they realize their full potential.
· A team builder, someone who understands that success is dependent upon the performance of the team and not individual team members. Creates strong morale and spirit within the team: shares wins and celebrates success as a team
· Ability to establish mentoring relationships with key employees and participates in the development of succession and training plans for critical positions.
· Ability to develop and communicate to claim management reports for accurate and timely reflection of support staff performance and impact on the claims department.
· Maintains productive relationships with clients, business partners and organizational peers with a focus on timely and meaningful exchanges of information.
· Measure his/her own success by performance in quickly identifying issues and bringing resolution to outstanding issues.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration, insurance or a related field is preferred.
- Other relevant professional designation is desirable.
In addition, you will share in those core values which are key to our success:
· We desire to excel
· We are committed to our clients and to each other
· We have the courage to do the right thing
· We apply original thinking
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you want to be part of an organization that is built on integrity, trust and respect, where teamwork and individual excellence are valued, submit your resume to:
Headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, Argo Group International Holdings Ltd is a leading global underwriter of speciality insurance and...