Chubb Insurance has a worldwide network of some 120 offices in 27 countries staffed by 10,100 employees. The Chubb Corporation reported $50 billion in assets and $13 billion in revenues in 2010. According to Fortunemagazine, Chubb is the 185th largest U.S.-based corporation. Forbeslisted Chubb as one of America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies.
This role is a part of our Workers Compensation Claims Department where our customers expect exceptional claims handling. This position will be based in our New Haven, CT office.
The job responsibilities include the following:
• Deliver superior customer service and satisfaction through effective interactions with insureds, agents and underwriters.
• Contribute to a collaborative environment by consistently demonstrating teamwork, high motivation, positive behavior and effort to achieve goals and objectives.
• Provide accurate and timely expense and loss assessments on medical only claims.
• Handle cases within New England and New York
• Timely and appropriately communicate with internal and external customers relative to account trends, service issues and claim losses.
• Consistently demonstrate fundamentally sound claim handling by achieving compliance in the areas of investigation, coverage, loss assessment, and case management.
• Ensure the establishment, documentation, and execution of appropriate strategies to bring early resolution to assigned claims.
• Recognize and properly address coverage issues, potential fraud, and subrogation; follow guidelines relative to completion of reporting forms.
• Keep all files on a current diary system in order to timely monitor new developments, follow up on outstanding requests, update management, and respond to all other diary activities.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities:
• A personal commitment to superior performance that adds value to our company.
• An ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• An aptitude for evaluating, analyzing and interpreting information.
• Excellent organizational skills a must
• The ability to multi-task along with basic time management and organizational skills.
• An ability to work well in teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
•Prior workers’ compensation or medical background preferred but not required.
•CT Adjuster’s License to handle workers’ compensation claims will be required within a year if not already in possession
Education & Experience:
High School diploma and equivalent experience required. College degree preferred. Claim handling experience preferred.
Chubb prides itself on the ability to provide all employees with an extraordinary work environment which promotes teamwork, diversity and incentives for those who exceed expectations. Chubb has been recognized as one of the top 50 companies for diversity by Diversity Inc. magazine, one of America's most admired companies by Forbes, and one of the top 100 companies to work for by Fortune.
All interested applicants must apply online at www.chubb.apply2jobs.com