Lead and Administer the Constellation Brands Workers
Compensation Program for all US sites. Will include
reviewing and processing claims, participating in
settlement negotiations, recommending loss control
strategies, ensuring program conformance to applicable
laws and regulations, preparing required reports, and
monitoring and evaluating the program activities to
ensure the delivery of quality services. Maintaining all
critical records and databases. Maintain Safety Incident
and Near Miss records system.
1. Workers Compensation Program(80%)
Compensation Program ensuring conformance to applicable
- Administer, organize and supervise the Workers’
laws and regulations while maintaining a high level of
in coordination with intenral and external resources
- Review and processing of workers compensation claims
all sites in the US.
- Effective and efficient claims case management across
Managers & Supervisors for Return to Work plan
- Help develop, coordinate and be a key resource to
development and coordination.
Brands employees and management staff; participate in
- Interface with physicians, attorneys, Constellation
recommendations regarding medical aspects; develop and
coordinate return-to-work plans; coordinate and monitor
rehabilitation plans for injured employees; evaluate
results of pre-employment and return-to-work medical
examinations and make appropriate determinations.
workers compensation costs.
- Participate in the budget preparations for annual
- Attend and participate in workers’ compensation
reimbursement from third parties
- Participate in third-party subrogation cases to seek
personal and medical information of employees.
- Maintain privacy and ensure the confidentiality of
on Constellation Brands – Early and Safe Return to Work
- Coordinate and facilitate training sessions for sites
policies and procedures.
- Participate in the review of workers’ compensation
the extent of the Constellation Brands liability; assist
- Monitor expenditures and participate in the discussion
in recommending and negotiate claim settlements.
required reports and compliance records; authorize
- Ensure efficient records maintenance system, complete
payment on medical bills, permanent and temporary
workers’ compensation administration and keep current on
- Stay abreast of trends and innovations in the field of
legislative and regulatory issues at the State and
2. Safety Incident System(20%)
tracking and completion of Incidents and Investigation
- Maintain Incident Reporting system. Ensure the timely
- Provide data and trends related to Hazards, Near Miss
regarding workers’ compensation issues and Incident
- Attend and conduct meetings, and/or lead discussions
Provide support to Safety team as projects and needs
Required Skills/ Experience
civil laws, codes and safety regulations including
- · Knowledge of pertinent federal, state local and
the State Labor Code, Workers’ Compensation and
Americans with Disabilities Act laws, OSHA, and
employment laws, procedures and regulations.
industrial injury cases.
- · Research, statistical and financial analysis.
- · Medical Process and technical terminology used in
goal setting, program and work planning and
- · Administrative principles and methods, including
- · Principles and procedures of record keeping and
- · Modern office equipment including computers and
skills; and excellent attention to detail and
- · Passion and interest in the wine industry
- · Excellent organizational and prioritization
excellent attention to detail on multiple
- · Self-motivated and able to multi-task with
- · Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred but not
with people at all levels in the company.
- · Strong customer service skills, able to work well
skills, with the ability to document in an
- · Excellent verbal and written English communication
recommending and implementing flexible and creative
- · Able to identify and analyze problems,
solutions based on the regulatory compliance.
with Microsoft systems, including word-processing
- · Excellent math and computer skills and experience
local laws, codes, regulations and proceedings, and
- · Interpret, apply and explain federal, state and
relationships with those contacted in the course of
- · Establish and maintain effective working
Physical Requirements: Able to sit at and operate a
computer for two-hour intervals a minimum of six hours
per day. Able to travel by car and plane. Able to lift
and carry 42 lbs.
Travel Required: 10-25%
Open Date : 2013-02-05 14:00:00
Division/Department : Operations--Operations Services
Constellation Brands - 19 months ago
Constellation Brands, Inc. is an international producer and marketer of beverage alcohol with a portfolio of wine brands complemented by...