Trocaire College is currently accepting applications for Massage Therapy Continuing Education instructors to teach in the Continuing Education program. The incumbents will be responsible for developing and delivering Massage Therapy Continuing Education classes to therapists needing to meet state requirements for licensure.
Sports massage is designed to help athletes prepare their bodies for optimal performance, recover after a big event, or function well during training.
• Current New York State Massage Therapy License or similar qualification for course taught
• AMTA and/or NCBT Certification preferred
• Needs to be available on weekends or nights
• Long-term experience and/or Associates Degree or higher
• Must have a basic understanding of the massage industry including basic medical terminology
• Intermediate knowledge of:
o Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• All required vaccines to work in a medical setting are current and up to date
• Be able to lift, move, manipulate any and all equipment involved with teaching a class
• Be able to lift, move, manipulate persons involved with live demonstrations