- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as science, engineering, or business
- Eight (8) years of related administrative experience in research, engineering or business
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience
Posting Date/Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Required Applicant Documents:
Optional Applicant Documents:
Recruitment Contact Information:
Complete applications must include a cover letter, a current resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Send applications to:
University of Arkansas
544 West Research Center Blvd, Ste 120
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Or email the application material to email@example.com
Completed applications received by February 8th, 2013 will be assured full consideration. Late applications will be reviewed as necessary to fill the position
Overall Purpose/Job Objective:
The Sustainability Consortium (TSC), an affiliate of the Global Institute of Sustainability and a joint venture between Arizona State University and the University of Arkansas, has a unique and exciting opportunity for a new Working Group Director. The Director will have responsibility for leading a team of researchers and corporate, NGO, government, and academic stakeholders to develop knowledge products concerning the sustainability of consumer products. The world's largest retailers and manufacturers are using these products to drive product and supply chain innovation around sustainability. The Director will be part of TSCs strategic team and will help drive member retention and development. Initial responsibilities are foreseen in the areas of electronics, home and personal care, packaging, toys, and other manufactured goods. A successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills, technical knowledge sufficient to manage a team of researchers and stakeholders in a complex technical environment, be adept at driving stakeholder engagement, be experienced in complex project management, and be committed to TSC's mission.
-Manage a team of researchers and engage corporate, NGO, government, and academic stakeholders to develop knowledge products related to the sustainability of consumer products.
- Manage TSC participant interaction for different Working Groups by facilitating teleconferences, webinars, and face-face meetings.
- Manage communication between researchers and TSC members.
- Participate with the management team in strategic-level decision-making.
- Work with Development to increase TSC membership and participate in new member recruitment and relationship management of existing members.
- Develop and manage project plans and timelines for deliverables.
- Perform gap analysis of progress against desired outcomes and recommend tasks or activities to bridge gaps.
- Coordinate with necessary partners to assure established milestones, objectives and outcomes are achieved.
- Regularly communicate project status and progress against timelines.
- Manage process to identify and draft environmental and social impact criteria for products.
- Drive membership consensus around the criteria and their measurement and reporting requirements.
- Direct internal review and auditing processes against established TSC procedures.
- Incorporate and/or harmonize sector work with existing standards and regulations.
- Organize and oversee external expert and public review of sector deliverables and integration of recommendations as necessary.
- Harmonize efforts of sector to those of other consortium groups.
- Participate in and provide sector feedback to other Working Group Directors, management, Board of Directors, and Advisory Committees.
- Integrate consortium-wide criteria, formatting and processes into sector work flow.
- Manage internal and external Working Group relationships.
- Establish and maintain regular contact with key Working Group partners and mediate issues as necessary.
- Assist in integration of new members into Working Group and provide ongoing support for their participation in Working Group projects and activities.
- Liaise with domestic and international governmental and non-governmental entities.
-Masters or Ph.D. degree in relevant field such as science, engineering, or business.
-Experience in: environmental and/or corporate sustainability; managing multi-stakeholder projects.
-Demonstrated knowledge of: establishing and maintaining working relationships with key industry partners; sustainability and corporate social responsibility science, research, global issues and trends, and best industry practices.
- Ability to frame difficult issues, present options, facilitate discussions, approach complex problems creatively and drive to action or resolution.
- Solid project and program management skills, including organizing, prioritizing and managing resources.
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Commensurate with education and experience
Pay Grade Level:
Does this position require any license(s)/certification(s)?
Does this position require a background check?
If yes, please specify:
Anticipated Start Date:
Anticipated End Date (for hourly postings):
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
Department Home Page:
Faculty Track Status: