Seamon Corporation is currently seeking a Writer/Editor to provide writing and editing skills for Federal Government proposals, presentations, promotional products, online content, business development deliverables and other marketing and business development products developed or supported by the company. This position will require working closely with both internal and external customers writing, rewriting, editing and/or proofreading. Occasional writing and editing of other corporate documents also required.
- Outlining and formatting proposal preparation.
- Write original content for all day-to-day internal tasks, and, promotional materials, etc.
- Enhance, clarify text received from other members of proposal team as needed.
- Edit and re-write portions of technical documents, with content support from other team members.
- Conduct substantive edits to improve the language and/or organization of written documents, reviews and make recommendations of other documents as needed; Statement of Work (SOW), etc.
- Writes and develops all non-cost aspects of proposals (such as technical approach, staffing plan, past performance, resumes, etc.), with content support from appropriate team members.
- Maintains understanding of bid strategies as they evolve; develops methods for integrating/capturing the final bid strategy in the proposal.
- Ensures proposal outline/formatting complies with RFP requirements; ,
- Coordinates production activities for hardcopy and softcopy submissions;
- Edits a wide variety of content including Web sites, abstracts, PowerPoint presentations, handouts, background materials, meeting materials, bio sketches, signage, exhibit materials, agendas and other publications.
- Maintains electronic library for proposal and marketing materials and ensures the information is organized and current.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Business/Marketing, or related coursework preferred.
- At least 7-10 years of experience developing content; as a writer; as an editor
- 5+ years of proposal writing and editing experience. Demonstrated knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the field of technical and Federal writing.
- Expertise in the use of Microsoft Word is required, including use of styles, formatting, and professional presentation of written material; a variety of writing styles: technical, creative, and marketing.
- Agile in all MS Office Suite products.
- Current and thorough knowledge of GPO and APA writing guidelines.
- Ability to handle sensitive material and maintain confidentiality concerning the department, company directives and business development efforts.
- Experience in Web design and computer graphics is a plus.
- Expertise in the use of social media sites; Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook with company positioning.
- Creates and supports a corporate culture that is in alignment with the guiding principles.
- Ability to suggest and implement strategies for managing high proposal volume
- Strong attention to detail is essential
- Strong organizational, project management and presentation skills
- The ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to take direction from senior management while working with minimal supervision
- The ability to prioritize assignments
- Flexibility to switch from one task to another without losing track of any assignment
- Superior writing and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Experience with a variety of writing styles: technical, creative and marketing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact in multi-disciplinary teams and settings.
- Proactive and capable of self-directed work, but also a good team player.
B L Seamon - 20 months ago