The Writer/Editor supports a fast-paced Marketing department by providing content for marketing materials and assisting in the development and coordination of these materials, as well as other marketing projects and activities, and other assigned functions. The Writer/Editor is responsible for creating and/or modifying materials, as well as regularly editing, revising, updating, proofing, and routing those materials.
· Coordinates the writing and development of marketing collateral, including brochures, flyers, educational and member materials, social networking, and other internal and external marketing pieces as assigned by the Director of Marketing Communications and Sr. VP of Marketing
· Supports media relations activities by writing press releases , updating media kits, tracking media hits, and producing internal and external e-news alerts/newsletters
· Compiles and submits applications for company award competitions
· Reviews and updates content of corporate Web sites on a quarterly basis
· Interviews members for testimonials, drafts content for marketing use, and documents permissions.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, public relations, communications, marketing, business, or equivalent.
· Minimum of 3 years experience in writing and editing brochures, press releases, and other marketing materials.
· Computer experience in MS Office and Internet search skills. Experience with writing and editing press releases, articles, newsletters, and brochures.
· Familiarity with social networking, health care or wellness industry a plus.
· Strong attention to detail, as well as excellent writing and organizational skills.
· Ability to work independently and proactively on multiple projects simultaneously in an extremely fast-paced environment.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate internally and externally (with vendors, staff, and consultants).
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interrupts
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to adhere to established work schedules and workflow while practicing efficient time management and working independently.
Mobility - Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time. Minimal travel as needed to support conferences, tradeshows, and educational seminars.
Physical Requirements – Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility and external as needed. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs, if needed.
Environmental Conditions - Usual office setting.
ASH Companies - 10 months ago