Responsible for creating original, funny and effective sales tapes, DVD spots, affiliate spots, clip reels, Development tapes, trailers, App spots, merchandising spots, and on-air promo spots for the network.
Develop original concepts, scripts, ideas and pitches that reflect Comedy Central’s brand character. Ideas must have the proper balance between the creative and the business side of things.
Generate creative that connects to our audience or the intended audience which is often members of the business community.
Pitch concepts and scripts to supervisors and in Writers Meetings.
Articulate ideas and actively participate in brainstorm sessions. Capable of generating many “out-of-the-box” ideas.
Oversee all aspects of pre- and post-production (record sessions, edit sessions, etc.) with proficiency and professionalism. Be able to handle the management of formatting for new platforms... giant screens, HD, digital etc.
Bring an original and dynamic dimension to the department.
Efficiency and competency in expressing self through all phases of a project, anticipating and trouble-shooting as conflicts arise.
Coordinate and collaborate with Graphics Department to facilitate elements for assignments – have a strong sense of desired aesthetic.
Work with Production Managers to assure that projects are delivered on time, formatted properly, legally vetted, and are on budget. Delegate assignments to Production Assistants.
Keep abreast on everything "Comedy Central" and its viewers. Know how they interact with Comedy Central in a multiplatform world, and bring that knowledge to projects so that the work is “on brand.” Comedy Central’s marketing is social nowadays – we listen and respond to our viewers… must be able to speak this language and contribute ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 4-8 years experience as Writer/Producer
- Experience producing sales tapes
- Strong creative thinker
- Good sense of humor/User of Social Media
- Must be a dynamic “cutter” - sales tapes are much more than just a collection of the best clips. Needs someone who can bring such tapes to life in surprising ways, and someone who can “bring the funny” to the forefront
- Excellent communication skills - ability to articulate ideas in order to see vision through to completion
- Able to collaborate with stellar results
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and “go the extra mile” under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a creative team
COMEDY CENTRAL, the only all-comedy network, currently is seen in more than 95 million homes nationwide.