St. Paul Academy and Summit School is an independent K-12 school located in the Macalester/Groveland neighborhood of St. Paul. We seek a Writer/Publications Assistant to support our robust institutional communications and publications program. This is a 12-month, part-time (15 hours per week), non-exempt position beginning in mid-July 2013. Specific days and hours are flexible. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Under the supervision of the Director of Communications, the primary responsibility of the Writer/Publications Assistant will be creating content for SPA’s online and print publications, including the website, newsletters, magazines, invitations, press releases, and other ad hoc marketing and communications materials. The position works with a variety of constituencies, including students, current parents, administrators, faculty, staff, coaches, alumni, and vendors.
Required education and skills:
- Create and maintain content for the SPA website, including school, alumni, and athletic news.
- Work closely with the Director of Athletics and coaches to publicize SPA’s athletics program, teams, and achievements.
- Work closely with the Chair and faculty in the Fine Arts Department to design and coordinate the production of invitations and programs for special events, including concerts, plays, and exhibits in the art gallery
- Assist in the writing and production of SPA’s institutional publications, including the Parent Newsletter, SPA Magazine , the school calendar, the school directory, the Annual Report, and the senior speech book.
- Other writing and/or publication projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Professional writing and/or publications management experience. Writing samples will be required for finalists (please do not submit writing samples with application).
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe InDesign.
- Superior writing, editing, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Basic desktop publishing skills, including formatting documents in InDesign and working with images and text.
- Experience working with website content management systems.
- Proficiency in (or interest in learning) Adobe PhotoShop and Illustrator
Deadline for application is June 28, 2013. No phone calls, please.
- Proficiency and/or interest in photography.