The Writer will assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive communication plan in conjunction with department administration with the overall objective of increasing the visibility and recognition of ACMS on campus. Strong emphasis will be placed on promoting the diverse services ACMS provides to UCSD. The Writer will develop original, dynamic, well-written, coordinated, and consistent internal and external communications for the department by researching, writing, editing, and distributing finished communications. Strong emphasis will be placed on using Internet-based media, such as mass emails, highly visible emails, blogs, the department website, and social media, to reach a variety of audiences. The Writer will also be responsible for creation of and updates to communication guidelines for the department.
- Occasional overtime maybe required including evenings and/or weekends, as workload demands.
- Demonstrated experience researching, writing, and editing texts of various styles/lengths for different audiences on a broad range of subjects under tight deadlines .
- Proven experience developing written content for the Internet and knowledge of webpage design. Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint .
- Experience in editing and proofreading for stylistic consistency, logical organization, rational development of content, ensuring content accuracy, and maintaining strong attention to detail .
- Graduation from college with a major in Journalism, Communications or another subject area related to writing, and professional writing ability proven by at least one year of professional writing experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience .
- Excellent knowledge of proper English grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, and spelling.
Demonstrated ability to use journalistic style to write interesting, accurate, and comprehensive news and feature articles.
- Demonstrated ability to read and analyze technical or complex content and write communications on those subjects for a general audience in understandable terms.
- Ability to evaluate workload, available resources and adjust schedules and priorities as required, organize activities, short and long term projects. Ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail and timely project completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse groups of people. Ability to provide feedback to others in a diplomatic, helpful manner. Strongly customer service-oriented in attitude and actions. Ability to work independently, as well as in a team setting.
University of California - San Diego - 24 months ago