Perform radiological duties in compliance with x-ray department and legal requirements. Help patients feel comfortable during the entire process. This is a full time position with amazing hours: Mon-Thr work week with Fri, Sat, and Sun off (3 day weekends).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare patients for radiological procedures and take X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety.
- Protect patients, yourself and staff from radiation exposure by practicing sound procedures which meet or exceed recommended industry standards.
- Obtain quality diagnostic radiographs as requested by physicians.
- Ensure that all equipment is in good working condition and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Report immediately any equipment malfunctions to Supervisor.
- Log completed radiological procedures. Complete paperwork accurately and on time.
- Identify and file reports as required.
- Request, retrieve and track films to and from other departments or centers.
- Work closely with the physician to receive guidance and instruction for treating patients.
Knowledge of anatomy and physiology sufficient to perform x-ray testing.
- Knowledge of radiology equipment.
- Skill in properly positioning patients.
- Skill in identifying equipment problems.
- Knowledge of safety hazards common to radiology including equipment, body mechanics, and patient movement.
- Attend required meetings as requested.
- Complete appropriate documentation on all patients examined.
- Maintain appropriate communication and good interpersonal skills with Supervisors, staff and patients to ensure coordinated efforts and provision of high quality service.
- Utilize formal channels of communication to report concerns, personal requests and patient issues.
- Respect patients' right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Maintain an orderly and professional working atmosphere.
- Report to work properly dressed according to the approved dress code.
- Adhere to guidelines concerning working hours and break periods.
- Manage time effectively to complete all patient treatments and related activities as assigned.
- Maintain professional standards and procedures ensuring compliance with Corporate policies and with applicable regulations.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect center assets and property against loss or waste through negligence or dishonesty.
- Demonstrate support to other co-workers by offering help.
- Assist in the solution of problems as directed by Supervisor.
- Perform related work as required.
- Assist therapy team when the opportunity arises with various patient therapy treatments.
High School Diploma or equivalent; completion of course in limited-scope/basic/LMRT/NCT radiological course.
None required; however, previous experience in an orthopedic radiology department desirable.
Limited/Basic/NCT/LMRT certification in Radiology