As X-Ray Technologist you will perform routine radiographic, neurography, urography and orthopedic radiography, fluoroscopy and special assignments. You will produce high quality radiographs with minimum stress and exposure to the patient by dealing tactfully and cooperatively with patients and general public.
- Performs radiographic procedures. Reviews request to determine proper exam protocols. Inspects in-patients Identification bracelet for two identifiers: PATIENTS NAME and MEDICAL RECORD NUMBER. Outpatients are identified by asking the patient to state his/her NAME AND DATE OF BIRTH, and verified with the radiology order. Reviews request for indications of WET or STAT readings. Reviews processed radiographs in Synapse to insure that the exam is present, anatomically correct, and laterality and User identifications are present.
- Customer Service
• AIDET ; uses AIDET fluently
• Key words at key times; understands the usage correlation.
- Exam and image integrity.
• Accesses exam using Worklist and when unable to do so; determines exam order status in Misys or Worklist functionality (calls Radiology IT with Worklist problems). Assures all exams are completed. Changes exam when original order was altered. Documents exam completion in chart for in-patient exams.
- Maintains exam areas, equipment and supplies. Assures cleanliness and safety of exam room and surrounding areas. Reviews supply levels, notifying the supervisor of the need to order specific items. Notices malfunction of radiographic equipment and reports same to supervisor. Assists in orientation of new technologists. Demonstrates proper exam protocols. Shows trainee where all supplies are stored. Explains procedure for transport of patients. Performs clerical and technical duties including, but not limited to: maintaining logs, posting charges, computer data entry.
- High School diploma or GED, required. Completion of American Medical Association approved School of Radiologic Technology, required.
- Licensed technician by State of New York Department of Health, required.
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT), required.
- Experience with Radiology Information System, PC, radiographic equipment such as portable and fixed units, c-arms, fluoroscopic equipment, required.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System - 12 months ago
This hospital system has a scope that stretches long beyond Long Island. North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System (NS-LIJ) operates 16...