- Company: MSLA, A Medical Corporation
- Industries: Medical Evaluation Services
- Job Type: Part-Full Time Employee
- Relevant Work Experience: Minimum one year.
- Education Level: Certified by the State of California to perform Radiology (limited or full license)
- Disability Evaluation and Workers Compensation knowledge preferred.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Produce x-ray films (radiographs) of parts of the human body for use in diagnosing medical problems.
- Prepare patients for radiologic examinations by explaining the procedure, removing jewelry and other articles through which x rays cannot pass, and positioning patients so that the parts of the body can be appropriately radiographed.
- Prevent unnecessary exposure to radiation using protection devices, such as lead shields, or limit the size of the x-ray beam.
- Position radiographic equipment at the correct angle and height over the appropriate area of a patient’s body.
- Set controls on x-ray machine to produce radiographs of the appropriate density, detail, and contrast and place the x-ray film under the part of the patient’s body to be examined and make the exposure.
- Follow physicians’ orders precisely and conform to regulations concerning the use of radiation to protect themselves, their patients, and their coworkers from unnecessary exposure.
- Keep patient records and adjust and maintain equipment. May prepare work schedules, evaluate purchases of equipment, or manage a radiology department.
- Perform back office duties such as history taking, vital signs, EKG, PFT, Dopplers, and other duties as assisgned.
- Perform some administrative/front-desk duties such as checking patients in and out, copying, faxing, closing charts, and other duties as assigned.
- Certification or Associates Degree Required
- Able to meet the physical demands of the job
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Sat/Sun availability.
- Evening hours may be assigned.
MSLA, A Medical Corporation - 20 months ago