Responsible for performing all diagnostic examinations including fluoro, diagnostic, OR procedures and special procedures exams. Must have a thorough working knowledge of all procedures, sterile techniques, portables and OR procedures. Responsible for patient safety, patient identification, and obtaining patient history. Responsible for sending all images to the PACS system and/or print films. Reports all issues/equipment problems to the Director of Radiology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates R&F rooms, including all fluoroscopic equipment in the Radiology department. Able to perform according to acquired skills; adjusts equipment controls to assure optimum images.
- Properly stores all mobile radiographic equipment.
- Verifies that lab values are within the appropriate range for contrast media injection. Reports all abnormal values to Radiologist for instructions.
- Reviews all images for positioning, correct markers, patient identification before sending to the PACS system for interpretation by the Radiologist.
- Consults with the Radiologist if there are any discrepancies with an order.
- Maintains the radiographic equipment by cleaning daily and reporting any malfunctions to the Radiology Manager.
- Responsible for knowing how to operate all equipment and can troubleshot all equipment.
- Communicates with nursing to ensure proper handling of patients.
- Demonstrates understanding and ability to operate the c-arm and mobile x-ray units.
- Can perform all imaging procedures according to department policies.
- Adapts to surgical environment.
- Performs data entry in RIS. Tracks all procedures to assure accurate charges and to allow Radiologist to interpret the images.
- Handles all emergency exams appropriately, expedites these exams as quickly as possible.
- Uses restraining devices as needed.
- Emphasis is placed on a professional demeanor and positive communication at all times.
- Explanation of examination is completed and questions answered as appropriate.
- Reports areas of deficiency, safety and environmental hazards to the Directors attention.
- Attend mandatory hospital in services.
University General Hospital Dallas is dedicated to providing the highest quality and cost effective healthcare services to the communities...