KLA-Tencor Corporation, a leading provider of process control and yield management solutions, partners with customers around the world to develop state-of-the-art inspection and metrology technologies. These technologies serve the semiconductor, data storage, LED, and other related nanoelectronics industries. With a portfolio of industry-standard products and a team of world-class engineers and scientists, the company has created superior solutions for its customers for more than 35 years. Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., KLA-Tencor has dedicated customer operations and service centers around the world. Additional information may be found at www.kla-tencor.com .
The Film and Scatterometry Technology (FaST) Division provides industry leading metrology solutions for worldwide semiconductor IC manufacturers. The FaST Division portfolio of metrology products includes hardware and software solutions for optical film thickness, optical critical dimension (CD), composition, and resistivity measurement systems. These products are essential for the IC manufacturers as they provide critical metrology capabilities for the development and implementation of their advanced IC processes. The FaST division is committed to support our customers to achieve performance entitlement of our solution and we effectively partner with our customers from their early research and development phase to the high volume in-line manufacturing implementation specific for their process needs. The division consists of a global team located in US, Israel, China, and India.
The mission of Advanced Development group is to propose and demonstrate next-generation differentiated technologies for semiconductor device and thin film metrology. The X-ray Sr Systems Engineer will be responsible for investigating X-ray metrology platforms, designing and analyzing hardware architectures, working on development and tests of prototype tools, and leading other scientists and engineers. This is a senior technical position that would provide an opportunity to define the system architecture and combine an individual contributor and a technical leader roles.
- Expert-level systems knowledge of X-ray analytical technologies such as X-ray diffraction (XRD), X-ray fluorescence (XRF), small-angle and wide-angle X-ray scattering (SAXS and WAXS), X-ray reflectivity (XRR), X-ray photo-electron spectroscopy (XPS)
- Expert-level knowledge of key components and subsystems: sources, optics, detectors, and integration
- Working knowledge of data analysis in X-ray metrology
- Ability to manage external vendors, identify and retire technical risks, and define and communicate schedules.
- Knowledge of optical metrology techniques for critical dimensions, film thickness, and composition
- Understanding of challenges in semiconductor metrology
- Knowledge of IP development
Doctorate (Academic) with at least 5 years of experience. OR Master's Level Degree with at least 6 years of experience. OR Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 7 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
KLA-Tencor - 20 months ago
KLA-Tencor is hard-core when it comes to hunting down chip flaws. One of the world's largest makers of process control equipment for...