The X-Ray Technician operates or oversees operation of radiologic and magnetic imaging equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes. Responsible for preparing the patient for radiological procedures and adhering to safety measures to ensure compliance with regulations and the safety of patients and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements. Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
2. Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
3. 3. Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors. Adheres to established infection control policies and procedures.
4. Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; processing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
5. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records (including the completion and verification of exams.
6. Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
7. Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level and anticipating needed supplies.
8. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
9. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by maintaining regulatory CME requirements. Attends educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
10. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
11. Completes yearly Age Specific Competency.
12. Other relevant duties as assigned.
Graduate of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology
Five + years of experience required
Competency in performing diagnostic procedures, excellent communication skills in a team environment, quality focus, planning, people skills, dependability, creating a safe, effective environment
1. Radiologic Technologist
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.
Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.
Mount Sinai Medical Center