Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 50,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of approximately $10 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 100 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
is the world's premier reinsurance intermediary and strategic advisor to leading insurance and reinsurance organizations, delivering integrated solutions through its industry-leading analytics and advisory services, highly specialized product knowledge and trading relationships with reinsurance markets around the world. Headquartered in New York City, Guy Carpenter has more than 2,300 employees in more than 50 locations worldwide.
Client Support Services (CSS) is comprised of global service teams who are assigned to specific client (customer) accounts to handle contracts, claims and accounting. The Reinsurance/Claims Analyst will be responsible for technical processing of premium and pro-rata accounts for specifically assigned client accounts ensuring strict compliance with Guy Carpenters operational guidelines.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Review and process initial and subsequent claims advices; process claims billings in accordance with operational departmental deadlines.
- Identify, resolve or clarify existing issues and potential problems with the client.
- Seek guidance from senior colleagues as required.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external key contacts.
- May participate in meetings with clients as required.
- Request and source letter of credit agreements where relevant and ensure compliance with insurance department regulations; contact markets, banks and GC colleagues to resolve issues.
- Achieve individual processing and fiduciary targets for cash/funding/retentions/brokerage
- Collect on all outstanding balances for assigned accounts, provide reports / statement to clients, reinsurers and management, as warranted.
- Help reconcile client and market accounts, update systems and assist fiduciary (collections) colleagues with cash application details.
- Act as a liaison between reinsurer and client.
- Process reinsurer inquiries after verifying that the client has responded to all questions fully and, within th established department guidelines.
- Participate in team meetings and activities to share ideas, knowledge and experience.
- Maximize opportunities to increase own understanding and improve the services provided on accounts.
- Broaden reinsurance knowledge. Develop and maintain specific industry sector skills.
- Adhere to the Guy Carpenter's E&O and Compliance standard; Safety, Health and Environment policy; and follow departmental operating procedures and guidelines.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at:
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience.
- Some relevant professional experience
- Ability to engage with clients in a professional manner.
- Good relationship and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work as part of a high performance team.
- Committed to an achievement culture promoting the Guy Carpenter brand.
- Good verbal and writing skills to communicate with clients/reinsurer and GC colleagues.
- Good understanding of project management and ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
- Ability to promote new process improvement ideas leveraging technology solutions.
- Committed to deliver superior client service and advance Guy Carpenters reputation.
- Ability to assess and resolve problems efficiently.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in accomplishing tasks.
- Ability to establish rapport and access internal and external networks.
- Strong computer skills (esp. Microsoft Excel and Word) Ability to learn and adapt to new systems.
- Takes ownership of personal development goals
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at:
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates
are equal opportunity employers
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC - 6 months ago