Achieve established strategic sales initiatives to achieve corporate and supplier objectives for assigned market / customer and channel.
Planning – VP Sales Managers are expected to plan their own time and activities as well as those of their assigned personnel to ensure achievement of company and supplier sales and objectives by:
- Implementing plans and developing monthly programs, while adhering to forecast data.
- Establishing for assigned personnel specific, measurable and achievable objectives compatible with company and supplier priorities.
- Overseeing the formulation, in conjunction with our suppliers and management, of all company programs and sales objectives.
- Identifying on an ongoing basis distribution gaps and developing a strategy to overcome issues.
- Utilizing available resources to maximize results within area of responsibility.
Supervising – VP Sales Managers are expected to direct the execution of the business plan to achieve financial objectives for assigned market / customer and channel by:
- Training all personnel in accordance with the programs and procedures of the company’s training system.
- Working with assigned personnel to establish sales programs and strategies.
- Providing leadership, guidance and support needed to attain the commitment and motivation of all assigned personnel.
- Conducting meetings as needed to effectively communicate objectives, programs, strategies, policies and procedures to assigned personnel.
- Ensuring that assigned personnel adhere to the federal, state and local laws and regulations governing the sales of alcoholic beverage products.
Organizing – VP Sales Managers are expected to organize the structure and utilization of all assigned supervisory areas to ensure achievement of company and supplier objectives by:
- Attracting, developing and thus retaining sales and management teams.
- Organizing assigned personnel schedules to concentrate on in-field activities.
- Ensuring that the structure of all sales territories provide the account coverage and service frequency levels consistent with actual potential sales volume and reasonable customer requirements.
Communicating – VP Sales Managers are expected to serve as information resources for, and conduits between, the field and senior management by:
- Providing specific and current information on supplier, market, sales and merchandising results and/or problems.
- Formulating recommendations that will strengthen the sales and merchandising results for supplier brands.
- Submitting required reports promptly and accurately as directed by management.
- Maintaining reliable, up-to-date sales performance and personnel records.
- Imparting knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the sales function to sales team.
- Maintaining and developing positive business relationships with suppliers and customers, including providing them with requested business reviews and information.
- Communicating all sales issues and opportunities for their respective area of responsibility.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Sales Function: Knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the sales function and sales information systems.
Sales Tasks & Activities: Knowledge of processes, tools, techniques and theory behind selling the organization’s products or services.
Knowledge of Customers & Sales Channels: Knowledge of and ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the organization’s products and services. Knowledge of and ability to utilize customer profile and information.
Qualified Candidates should possess:
- 3 to 5 years of management experience in the beverage alcohol industry
- bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience
- excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and leadership skills
- proven track record of successful sales and management skills
- Prior experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office environment
- ability to work with management, direct reports, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level
- the ability to train and develop assigned personnel
One of the nation's largest suppliers of craft beers, Columbia Distributing also carries wine, soda, and other non-alcoholic beverages....