POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: The Youth Counselor is responsible for the daily supervision and guidance of adolescent girls in an intensive treatment program serving youth in a short-term residential program and the community. The youth counselor is responsible for guiding, teaching, and serving as a role model to youth utilizing a gender specific, relational, trauma informed, strength- based, culturally competent behavior model to ensure the safety and individual goals of each client are achieved. The Youth Counselor reinforces the policies and philosophy of the organization while maintaining professional communication, verbal and written, with internal and external team members to ensure a strong team approach. The Youth Counselor is an integral part of the treatment team and provides support to both the youth and her family while in residence and following her return to the community.
SCHEDULE: WE HAVE FULL TIME, PART TIME AND ALL SHIFTS AVAILABLE
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Services. Minimum of Associates Degree required.
- Training in Gender Specific, Trauma Informed, Strength Based, and Culturally Competent Behavior Models.
- Must be flexible – able to work within residential component as well as community setting (conduct home visits, schools, etc)
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- 1-2 years experience working with psychiatric and behavioral disordered children/adolescents
- Basic computer skills – MS Word, Outlook, preferred.
Village for Families & Children, Inc - 20 months ago