PDI has an immediate opportunity for a Part-Time Yard Coordinator . Hours are every Saturday from 12:00pm to 8:00pm. The following partial job description explains this part-time position.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB: Good understanding and extensive knowledge of tractor, trailers, reefer units and general maintenance of equipment. CDL license required; DOT certified. General computer skills. Good communication skills. Ability to spot trailers, operate fuel island, truck wash and shag truck. Work safely in all aspects of daily responsibilities. The primary functions being sedentary to heavy lifting required according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications. This position is considered a skilled position requiring manual and motor coordination, walking, climbing in and out of truck and trailer, lifting of pallets, seeing, driving, hearing, and handling high pressure hose and equipment.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Adheres to company policies and departmental guidelines.
- Must meet physical requirements of the job. (Contact Human Resources for a complete list of physical requirements.)
- Operates semi-tractor and trailer in a safe and professional manner. Actively participates in the Safety Awards Program.
- Monitors trucks coming into the yard and spots trailers for loading or stages for later use. Also determines fuel requirements of vehicle and shuttles to fuel location, fuels vehicle if necessary.
- Walks the yard and monitors Thermo King temperatures and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Uses computer in shag truck to track loads.
- Communicates with Contract Freight Coordinator on transfers, product placement, load assignments, and equipment requirements.
- Communicates with dispatch and warehouse on special deliveries and add-ons.
- Communicates with shop regarding out of service trailers.
- Performs physical and mechanical inspection of vehicles and coordinates maintenance.
- Identifies trailers to be washed. Empties trailer of pallets, sweeps out debris, transports trailer to truck wash bay, and washes inside and exterior of the trailer.
- Provides coverage for isolated driver issues.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Exposure to cold temperatures in coolers and reefer unit.
- Exposure to all types of weather conditions. ( Extreme heat and cold)
- Exposure to cleaning detergents.
- Exposure to damp environment.
Important Disclaimer Notice : The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. PDI reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- 2 years semi driving experience required.
- Trailer jockeying experience preferred.
A Background & DOT check, physical, drug screen and lifting test are required
Perishable Distributors of Iowa - 12 months ago