The Yard Driver position operates company owned or leased trucks to facilitate the transporting of product and material on site.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to perform all essential job functions.
- Obey traffic laws, and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, and brakes to ensure that vehicles are in proper safe working condition.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
- Ensure proper documentation is accurately processed by recording all moves on the trailer movement log.
- Communicate with dock side supervisor to assess the inbound/outbound schedule for the site and always communicate with the Supervisor before hooking up to a trailer in the dock door.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Ensure that all trailers are chocked before disengaging from the truck.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors, and customers.
- Responsible for ensuring that all doors are fastened before backing into the dock door and all doors are closed after leaving the dock.
- Perform daily yard checks.
- Ensure that trailer yard is kept neat and orderly.
- Perform required user inspection and provide required reports and PM work to Supervisor.
- Ensure, operate, and maintain equipment in a safe manner at all times.
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions.
- Assist as a forklift driver or sorter when in down time or as production needs require.
- All other duties as assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
- Reporting relationships, work assignments, and work schedules are subject to change to meet company needs and business requirements. Attendance at work is an essential function of this job. Teamwork and cooperation are required for proper job performance.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers needs while following company procedures.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for ones conduct.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
One to two years related experience
Certificates & Licenses
Current valid drivers license
Propak is a proactive provider of leading-edge logistics, transportation and supply chain management solutions.
We are a customer...